Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-25-2010, 02:07 AM   #1
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Brand New Nook Wifi $99 On Sale NOW at Best Buy website

Repost from other forum, but if anyone is interested, the sale has started now.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 03:01 AM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
Repost from other forum, but if anyone is interested, the sale has started now.
It says "coming soon", so you can't order just yet.

Borders has all of their ereaders on sale - Kobo, Sony, Aluratek, Velocity Micro.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 04:01 AM   #3
RW2112
Connoisseur
RW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: iPad 2
I ordered one from Best Buy Monday on their advance access deal for premier silver reward zone members. Should have it in my grubby lil' hands Monday!
RW2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 04:28 AM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW2112 View Post
I ordered one from Best Buy Monday on their advance access deal for premier silver reward zone members. Should have it in my grubby lil' hands Monday!
I'd consider one, but it's so danged ugly compared to my Nook Color.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:01 PM   #5
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
It says "coming soon", so you can't order just yet.

Borders has all of their ereaders on sale - Kobo, Sony, Aluratek, Velocity Micro.
Yeah, it said "Coming Soon", then it said "Sold Out Online", then it said "Add to Cart", only when you did that it said "Not Available at this Time", and then it said "Sold Out Online"... WTH? And every time it did that it also said "Not Available in Stores".
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 04:45 PM   #6
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
I'd consider one, but it's so danged ugly compared to my Nook Color.
Whatever happened to looking for inner beauty?
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:16 PM   #7
coolbreeze
Addict
coolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with others

Device: Nook Color, White 3G K3
Just picked up a refurb 3G/Wifi from overstock for $85 delivered. See FW for details. I'm a Kindle guy, but wanted a cheap nook for tinkering / hacking / library ePub. Now I have it!
coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 12:38 AM   #8
volosong
volosong began at the beginning.

Device: EeePC
Got an e-mail from e-bay today that B&N are selling refurb wifi models for 80 bucks, including shipping, (plus sales tax in CA). I ordered two, one for me, one for my love.
volosong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 02:31 AM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Whatever happened to looking for inner beauty?
It's missing that too.
Old 11-26-2010, 02:49 AM   #10
RW2112
Connoisseur
RW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: iPad 2
Quote:
It's missing that too.
ooooooooooo, harsh.....
RW2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 07:15 AM   #11
Shades
Zealot
Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: OnePlus 5T + @Voice, Nook 1st Ed.
Quote:
It's missing that too.
I see no reason whatsoever to get a nook color. The point of being an ereader was lost the second they announced it having an lcd screen. Sure it's great for magazines, but I do not read those. If I wanted an lcd screen to read on, I already have my PC's monitor, or I would have went and got an ipad which overpriced as it is, can do more.

To each his own I guess.
Shades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 07:46 AM   #12
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades View Post
I see no reason whatsoever to get a nook color. The point of being an ereader was lost the second they announced it having an lcd screen. Sure it's great for magazines, but I do not read those. If I wanted an lcd screen to read on, I already have my PC's monitor, or I would have went and got an ipad which overpriced as it is, can do more.

To each his own I guess.
I'm using my NC as a replacement for my netbook when I travel. Also, to read the news and browse the web when I kick back in the living room. Reading novels is one of the last things I'd do with it.

IOW, I bought it as an inexpensive Android tablet; not an ereader.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:53 AM   #13
Shades
Zealot
Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shades ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: OnePlus 5T + @Voice, Nook 1st Ed.
Quote:
I'm using my NC as a replacement for my netbook when I travel. Also, to read the news and browse the web when I kick back in the living room. Reading novels is one of the last things I'd do with it.

IOW, I bought it as an inexpensive Android tablet; not an ereader.
That makes sense then. I love to read books, so I chose to go with eink.

Regardless as to how you view it, B&N markets the Nook Color as an ereader. <_< It is quite the nifty tablet, I will give you that. Much sleeker looking than the ipad.
Shades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:10 AM   #14
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
Got an e-mail from e-bay today that B&N are selling refurb wifi models for 80 bucks, including shipping, (plus sales tax in CA). I ordered two, one for me, one for my love.
Come on dude, how about a link??
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:15 AM   #15
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post
Just picked up a refurb 3G/Wifi from overstock for $85 delivered. See FW for details. I'm a Kindle guy, but wanted a cheap nook for tinkering / hacking / library ePub. Now I have it!
Link please, nothing on their website has this.
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote