Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-01-2014, 01:20 PM   #1
libertango
Connoisseur
libertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to behold

Device: kobo clara hd, kobo glo hd, kobo aura h2o, kobo touch, kindle dx
Bricked Aura H2O (and broken/faulty screen)

My H2O unfortunately is bricked, blocked on page 2 of a book. No hard reset was possible. Impossible to connect to a pc.
The screen showed as in picture few days ago. It has been working perfectly anyway for a couple of days, notwithstanding scrambled upper screen (still sensible to touch).
Looks like the screen is broken but:
- I can't remember the reader falling down or having a bump.
- Software worked for days after hypotetical screen damage.
I wonder if the screen issue and the brick issue could be separate ones.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1417457908249.jpg
Views:	693
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	131857  
libertango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 09:05 PM   #2
illusionistnow
illusionistnow began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
Yeah the screen seems broken mate.
illusionistnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2014, 09:18 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The touch is not part of the screen. The IR is just above the screen so as long as that's working, the touch will work.

As for the screen, it's broken. Best you can do is contact Kobo and see what they are willing to do for you.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 07:35 AM   #4
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Fractured glass substrate. At some point it has been bumped, bent, or twisted. Has it been in a good case?
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 10:18 AM   #5
libertango
Connoisseur
libertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to behold

Device: kobo clara hd, kobo glo hd, kobo aura h2o, kobo touch, kindle dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Fractured glass substrate. At some point it has been bumped, bent, or twisted. Has it been in a good case?
No case at all. I must say that I have been using a Kobo Touch for years with no case and just normal care, and nothing never happened to the screen.
I suspect that the H2O is more prone to damage, don't know if because of the type of screen or sheer size of it.
libertango is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2014, 10:23 AM   #6
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertango View Post
No case at all. I must say that I have been using a Kobo Touch for years with no case and just normal care, and nothing never happened to the screen.
I suspect that the H2O is more prone to damage, don't know if because of the type of screen or sheer size of it.
You were probably very lucky with the Touch. Personally, I think a good protective cover is essential no matter what ereader you have. Even then, you can get unlucky.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote