Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-23-2014, 05:39 PM   #1
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Download all?

So after owning a Kindle Touch for over two years, I finally installed Kindle for PC, because it occurred to me that having a local backup of my books would be nice.

Is there a "download all" feature? Please?
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 05:43 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
No, unfortunately there isn't. Personally I download every book as soon as I buy it. Never trust any bookstore to keep books for you.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2014, 06:21 PM   #3
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So when you get a new computer you have to manually download your books one by one?

Wow.
Old 11-23-2014, 06:56 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
So when you get a new computer you have to manually download your books one by one?

Wow.
No -- the local backup is calibre, and K4PC is merely a convenient way to download books ino calibre.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 07:37 PM   #5
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:

Wow.
That is correct. Amazon lets you select a group of 10 to download at a time.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2014, 09:00 PM   #6
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Not if you want to download them for a Kindle device. Only one at a time, then.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 09:26 PM   #7
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
Not if you want to download them for a Kindle device. Only one at a time, then.
I tap very fast -- I can queue about six books a second, and anyway then I need to turn the page.

Old 11-23-2014, 10:35 PM   #8
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
No -- the local backup is calibre, and K4PC is merely a convenient way to download books ino calibre.
That's what I'm trying to do. I didn't care enough about my Kindle books to back them up until recently, and figured I might as well back up all of them, just in case.

I'm rethinking how much I really care now though... this is going to take forever.
Old 11-23-2014, 11:00 PM   #9
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
That's what I'm trying to do. I didn't care enough about my Kindle books to back them up until recently, and figured I might as well back up all of them, just in case.

I'm rethinking how much I really care now though... this is going to take forever.
Don't give up, think of it as an investment.

Anyway, you can queue them from http://amzn.com/myk and the new interface allows you to do bulk operations.
Old 11-24-2014, 03:53 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No, of course not. I store all my books in Calibre. When I get a new computer, I just copy my Calibre library onto it. K4PC is merely a conduit through which I get my books into Calibre.

K4PC takes an eternity to start up if you have a large number of books in the "My Kindle Content" folder, so I clean it out once in a while. I never read books using K4PC; it's purely a download channel.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:37 AM   #11
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
K4PC takes an eternity to start up if you have a large number of books in the "My Kindle Content" folder, so I clean it out once in a while. I never read books using K4PC; it's purely a download channel.
Odd, Automatic Adding is supposed to delete the imported books... are you using it right?
Old 11-24-2014, 10:45 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Odd, Automatic Adding is supposed to delete the imported books... are you using it right?
I don't use automatic adding; I do it manually.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:49 PM   #13
sian
Addict
sian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: kindle oasis ( 2018) kindle Fire hd 10 ( 2017)
cant u open the documents folder on the kindle ( assuming k3 and 4 are same os)
select all
create new folder on desk top - my kindle backup
open my kindle backup
past

should work ?
thats what i do on k3 for backup
but if there in cloud think its one at a time

couldnt figuire how do this with kindle fire as both my mac ( lion i think) windows xp couldnt recognise the kf
sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 06:54 PM   #14
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Yes, just like any other standard folder.

The problem was getting te Fire to show up at all on an OS that doesn't support MTP.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:02 PM   #15
sian
Addict
sian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: kindle oasis ( 2018) kindle Fire hd 10 ( 2017)
just checked amazon manage and device

you can diliver 10 books at a time to your kindle or computer , im just doing it
some of the devices might be greyd out.

so im needing watch for that.
wonder why certain devices are un avalible eg my mac wasnt able to be deliverd to for 3 books
sian is offline   Reply With Quote