Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-23-2024, 08:31 PM   #1
awakil
awakil began at the beginning.

Device: na
sort books that do not have a summary

Can I sort books that do not have a summary of the book into a special column?
I have more than 4,000 books in Caliber now, and I want to identify the books that do not have a summary so that I can download them privately.

Last edited by awakil; 03-23-2024 at 08:35 PM.
awakil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 08:57 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
comments:false
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2024, 09:07 PM   #3
awakil

Sorry, I did not understand the comment (I use Google Translate). Is there a problem with the question?
Old 03-23-2024, 09:09 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
If you type comments:false in the calibre search box you will see all books that do not have comments defined

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 09:15 PM   #5
awakil

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
If you type comments:false in the calibre search box you will see all books that do not have comments defined

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
Thank you very much. I was confused between the previous response and the member’s signature. I thought he would refuse to help
Advert
Old 03-23-2024, 11:37 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by awakil View Post
Thank you very much. I was confused between the previous response and the member’s signature. I thought he would refuse to help
IMHO, what he supplied was a tip. From what I've seen of their posts, they is very willing to offer help to people who are willing to do some of the work themselves, they is not willing to get involved in trying to help those who are not showing any evidence of a willingness to do some of the work themselves.

In this case, a bit more detail would have helped but after a while, you start jumping from A to Z without showing the intervening steps.

Last edited by DNSB; 03-23-2024 at 11:40 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 01:12 AM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
IMHO, what he supplied was a tip. From what I've seen of their posts, they is very willing to offer help to people who are willing to do some of the work themselves, they is not willing to get involved in trying to help those who are not showing any evidence of a willingness to do some of the work themselves.

In this case, a bit more detail would have helped but after a while, you start jumping from A to Z without showing the intervening steps.
They was probably confused by the fact the the OP posted in the Conversion subforum.

One doesn't have to be a William Sapphire to guess that English isn't the OP's first language.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 12:26 PM   #8
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
@awakil. After entering what @theducks told you, you can save the search in a virtual library to always have it at hand
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	30
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	207129   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	29
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	207130  
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 04:09 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Check Missing comments is already part of the Quality Check Plugin

It is under Check Missing...
Old 03-24-2024, 04:45 PM   #10
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
comments:false
Wow! Thanks! That will save me so much time!
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 06:14 PM   #11
jist
Enthusiast
jist began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Note Lite - Win10
Quote:
…they is not willing to get involved in trying to help those who are not showing any evidence of a willingness to do some of the work themselves.
Apart from the grammatical mistake in that sentence, and the dubious assumptions you are making about this fellow Calibre user who is just asking an honest question, why do you feel the need to respond in such a condescending manner to awakil?

Last edited by jist; 03-24-2024 at 06:30 PM.
jist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 06:53 PM   #12
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Wow! Thanks! That will save me so much time!
Additionally, you actually want to search for the word 'false,' use a squiggly like comments:~false .

Last edited by ownedbycats; 03-24-2024 at 06:55 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 06:53 PM   #13
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
they is not willing to get involved in trying to help those who are not showing any evidence of a willingness to do some of the work themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jist View Post
Apart from the grammatical mistake in that sentence, and the dubious assumptions you are making about this fellow Calibre user who is just asking an honest question, why do you feel the need to respond in such a condescending manner to awakil?
Grammar error? Another grammar Nazi heard from.

I used they instead of he/she and when using they as a singular, there is a some disagreement about whether to use plural or singular verb forms. I used the singular form to match my use of the singular they. The plural form may sound more correct since that is what most English speaking people are used to hearing but 'are' is defined as a plural form and it is grammatically incorrect to use with a singular pronoun. That might depend on whether you are a fan of prescriptive or descriptive grammar rules. Of course, given that most English language rules tend to have more exceptions that conforming entries, that may not be of much help.

Any other questions from the grammar police?

Condescending? The @awakil suggested that the response that was received was being understood as a refusal to help based on how their reading of @theducks' sig. Perhaps you should have quoted the entire first paragraph of my reply where I was attempting to expand on @theducks attitude towards helping?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 07:56 PM   #14
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
theducks's answer was right on target, however on some atypical interpretation I find amusing, this might unexpectedly have become something like "I decline to comment."

I love their signature: "I will provide: key words, tips, links - - and my favorite... Brainstorming solution to a unique situation."
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 08:32 PM   #15
theducks
Well trained by Cats

The point of my sig was to ALSO help folk LEARN.
If we "mommy make it go away" , the user is no further ahead after this solution.

Some of this is because of the way I learn... and why I don't have a degree. Books are for pleasure reading (and a task reference), not for read and regurgitate to pass a test.
YMMV as always.

BTW there is a dividing line between the message and Sig, that folk seem to miss