Notices

Old 03-18-2024, 08:41 AM   #1
groob
Enthusiast
groob began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (1)
Question Shortcut to copy specific metadata field

Hello,
I've found the shortcut to copy all metadata of the books.
But I was wondering if it is possible to create a shortcut to copy only a specific field of the metadata, for example the title of the book, or more generically any other specific metadata field (or a combination of)

Is this possible? How?
groob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 11:13 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by groob View Post

Is this possible? How?
Command line tools (See the online help docs)

Specifically:
calibredb --list <args>
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2024, 12:54 PM   #3
groob
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Command line tools (See the online help docs)

Specifically:
calibredb --list <args>
`--list` doesn't seem to be a good option, I think the correct one is `list`.

Then this solution doesn't seem to be related to my question question.
I know I can obtain any kind of information from `calibredb` command but I've asked if I could simply create a keyboard shortcut for the main app to specifically copy some of the metadata (for example the title) of the current select book.

Maybe I've misunderstood, would you care to elaborate on your answer?
Old 03-18-2024, 01:00 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by groob View Post
Hello,
I've found the shortcut to copy all metadata of the books.
But I was wondering if it is possible to create a shortcut to copy only a specific field of the metadata, for example the title of the book, or more generically any other specific metadata field (or a combination of)

Is this possible? How?
Short answer is No.

In addition to using the CLI tools as suggested by @theducks, you can copy most of the fields of the current book via the right click->Copy menu in the field value in book details: viz:

Click image for larger version

Name:	copy field.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	206985

The fields you can't copy this way are text fields, e.g. Title and Comments

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 05:21 PM   #5
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Short answer is No.
Incorrect. Action Chains has a 'copy to clipboard' action, and a chain can be assigned to a keyboard shortcut.

I've attached a sample chain. Instructions to import.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CopyTitle.zip (2.2 KB, 38 views)
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2024, 06:18 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Incorrect. Action Chains has a 'copy to clipboard' action, and a chain can be assigned to a keyboard shortcut.
Could AC satisfy this ==>> Suggestion: Export / Import Comments as HTML

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 06:24 PM   #7
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Could AC satisfy this ==>> Suggestion: Export / Import Comments as HTML

BR
My quick test shows yes. It copies the HTML code.

There's also the option to copy to file, though I didn't use it in this test chain:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-03-18 19_24_22-Copy To Clipboard.png
Views:	16
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	206993
Attached Files
File Type: zip CopyComments.zip (2.2 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by ownedbycats; 03-18-2024 at 06:36 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 07:35 PM   #8
groob
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post

I've attached a sample chain. Instructions to import.
Wonderful! It worked as a charm, thanks!

Tags
calibe, metadata, shortcut