Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-12-2023, 11:08 PM   #16
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
For this specific case, I have a column, #readdates, which stores multiple dates, and a composite column to sort them.

Is there a better way to store multiple dates? In a regular tag column, 'Aug 12 2023' sorts alphabetically.
wow, I like this..
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 11:14 PM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
ISO date: (Text) is YYYY MM DD because that sorts. You can't use Mon and have it sort
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2023, 12:52 AM   #18
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Additional question: I changed one of my saved searches to account for my multi-date column:

Code:
#readdates:"2020"
AND #percentread:=100
AND NOT #fanficstatus:"~(In-Progress|Dormant|Oneshot)"
The first line is also picking up "Jun 20 2021". What should I do?
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 04:28 AM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Additional question: I changed one of my saved searches to account for my multi-date column:

Code:
Change the day to 19 or 21?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 05:18 AM   #20
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I have a quasi multi-value date column, its a 'Comma separated text, like tags, shown in the Tag browser' column. I fill it with ISO dates as strings i.e. 2021-05-17, 2023-08-13.

Book details shows values on separate lines… oldest to newest.

Any ideas for showing a newest to oldest list, would save me having to find my upside down specs

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2023, 05:59 AM   #21
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
If you place periods "." instead of dashes "-" wouldn't you get hierarchical tags by year-month-day? So your tag list wouldn't be so cluttered?
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 06:09 AM   #22
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Change the day to 19 or 21?
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggo View Post
If you place periods "." instead of dashes "-" wouldn't you get hierarchical tags by year-month-day? So your tag list wouldn't be so cluttered?
You only get hierarchical tags if specifically enabled on that column.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 08-13-2023 at 06:11 AM.
Old 08-13-2023, 06:17 AM   #23
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggo View Post
If you're responding to my post, where did I say or imply anything was cluttered.

Added: I hide the column in question in the Tag browser.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-13-2023 at 06:20 AM.
Old 08-13-2023, 06:22 AM   #24
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
nowhere. I say it is cluttered
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 07:38 AM   #25
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:

Code:
Don't use USA format
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 02:57 PM   #26
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I figured it out. Using the pointy '^' for ignoring character variants also works for spaces.
Old 08-13-2023, 03:32 PM   #27
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Carat, or a circumflex when it's ô û â etc

Glad you sorted

However, the USA data format is the worst. ISO yyyy mm dd (with leading zeroes, use no spacing or -, but never : or /) is best, no ambiguity in different countries, or needing english (Three letter mmm is bad), and it sorts easily.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 03:42 PM   #28
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I've used ISO format for years.

Unfortunately, recently I've started misreading "2020-08-12" for December 8 rather than August 12. Hence why I'm using a format with a bit less ambiguity.

This is intended for display only in the book details (not tag browser or book list) so sorting is less of an issue, as long as they appear in chronological order in the list.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 08-13-2023 at 03:45 PM.
Old 08-13-2023, 07:57 PM   #29
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Carat, or a circumflex when it's ô û â etc
Carat is a unit of mass, the name of the '^' character is caret, I call it a 'hat'.
Old 08-14-2023, 05:46 AM   #30
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
I've used ISO format for years.

Unfortunately, recently I've started misreading "2020-08-12" for December 8 rather than August 12. Hence why I'm using a format with a bit less ambiguity.

This is intended for display only in the book details (not tag browser or book list) so sorting is less of an issue, as long as they appear in chronological order in the list.
Store it as "yyyy-mm-dd (month)"? as in "2023-08-14 (Aug)"? That will sort and have less ambiguity.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote