Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 03-29-2023, 05:14 AM   #16
nuovodna
nuovodna began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuovodna View Post
how can i set an rclone script? I have ebook library (Calibre) on a Nextcloud installation, i'd like to sync the folder on my ebook reader (Kobo) with two-ways mode (e.g. upload sdr file created by koreader). How can i run rclone command inside koreader? Thanks!
found this post, very useful

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=11
nuovodna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 12:46 PM   #17
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yup, agreed, I was going to dig for that one for you .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2023, 05:38 PM   #18
nuovodna
nuovodna began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
In the end, i bought a KVM VPS (12$/year), copied my calibre bookshelf on it, installed a syncthing server and configured syncthing on koreader using this guide

https://anarc.at/hardware/tablet/kob...tall-syncthing

It works really well!
nuovodna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 10:43 AM   #19
vurt
Enthusiast
vurt began at the beginning.

Device: KV
That sounds nice, I find using calibre's OPDS to add books kinda clunky too.

Wonder if syncthing can be installed on a kindle oasis?
vurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 12:20 PM   #20
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As long as it's jailbroken, yes.
Advert
Old 05-06-2023, 12:26 PM   #21
vurt
Enthusiast
vurt began at the beginning.

Device: KV
Awesome, thanks for confirming, will have to do some research.
vurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 08:52 PM   #22
h_nara
h_nara began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuovodna View Post
In the end, i bought a KVM VPS (12$/year), copied my calibre bookshelf on it, installed a syncthing server and configured syncthing on koreader using this guide

https://anarc.at/hardware/tablet/kob...tall-syncthing

It works really well!
I have two Android devices(Hisense Hi Reader pro and Boox page) and I use KOReader on both. I used Syncthing first to sync the folder where my KOReader library resides but the annoying thing is that both devices need to be online at the same time for the sync process to start. I guess running Syncthing on the VPS solve this issue, right? I might try this if I don't find a solution where I don't need to run a central server.
h_nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 04:42 PM   #23
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_nara View Post
I have two Android devices(Hisense Hi Reader pro and Boox page) and I use KOReader on both. I used Syncthing first to sync the folder where my KOReader library resides but the annoying thing is that both devices need to be online at the same time for the sync process to start. I guess running Syncthing on the VPS solve this issue, right? I might try this if I don't find a solution where I don't need to run a central server.
Right.

If you get a cheap (2-4€) vps that you can use for other stuff too it is a good idea. Otherwise you can go with a low power "pi-like" computer running from home.

Syncthing, without further configuration, uses public relays to sync outside lan, so don't expect a faster sync time just because the vps has good bandwidth.

Also, because public relays, you can setup syncthing on any computer on your home and sync remotely without messing with your router ports or even enable uPnP.

Syncthing is awesome
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 08:16 AM   #24
Sonofrobot
Connoisseur
Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kobo Forma
Syncthing on reader with Koreader always open

Sorry to revive this somewhat old thread but my issue is directly related and I was hoping someone here might be able to offer some guidance.

I have Koreader on a Boox Nova Air 2 and my Android phone. Progress sync via the Koreader plugin works great but I am also wanting to sync my highlights as I use them to save my place when I am unable to finish a chapter. This way I can see the highlight on my other device and continue exactly where I left off.

To accomplish this, I setup Syncthing on my Boox, my phone, and my PC (this to act as a sort of always on syncing location). It's working fine but the problem I am running into is thus:

I keep Koreader open on my Boox device at all times, when I am done reading on it, I simply lock the device and Koreader stays up in the background. Because of that any changes that get made to the book's sidecar files do not carry over to the Boox before it is rewritten to have the data that's most recent on the Boox itself and not on whatever device I read on last.

I believe if I were to exit out of Koreader when I am done reading on the Boox so that the next time I open it, it will open with fully refreshed files, it would probably work. However, I am trying to keep from doing that.

I'm hoping there's a setting or a method that I am missing and that someone can point me in the right direction? What I would like is for whatever highlights I have made to be merged between my devices. TIA!
Sonofrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 08:57 AM   #25
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Some information about saving book metadata (including highlights) can be found in this thread:
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/11111
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 09:22 AM   #26
Sonofrobot
Connoisseur
Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Some information about saving book metadata (including highlights) can be found in this thread:
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/11111
Saving the metadata doesn't seem to be the issue. However, just to test I tried manually saving the metadata on my phone and then checking my Boox but the metadata isn't changed. The only way I can get it to update is to first exit out of Koreader on the Boox, make a highlight on my phone, then open Koreader on Boox. At that point I can open the book and my new highlight is there.

Thank you for the info though. Defionitely interested in anything like that.
Old 11-16-2023, 02:51 PM   #27
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Highlight *is* metadata (as far as the event in question is concerned)... unless you're talking about baked in highlights in a PDF.

You *will* need to re-open the book to pick-up updated metadata, though.

(i.e., device A flushes metadata, A <-> B (or A -> B?) sync, device B re-opens book).
Old 11-16-2023, 03:31 PM   #28
Sonofrobot
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Highlight *is* metadata (as far as the event in question is concerned)... unless you're talking about baked in highlights in a PDF.

You *will* need to re-open the book to pick-up updated metadata, though.

(i.e., device A flushes metadata, A <-> B (or A -> B?) sync, device B re-opens book).
This is what I was afraid of. It's odd because my Android phone reopens the book (takes me back to the history screen) if it's been more than a few minutes since Koreader was used but my Boox does not do this.

Is there maybe a way in Koreader to force a book to reopen on a wake event?
Old 11-16-2023, 05:52 PM   #29
NiLuJe
BLAM!

That would imply that Android killed the app during suspend/standby or something. In any case, that's entirely out of our hand.

There *might* be a "reload document" event (in fact, there's *probably* one because that's part of the CRe partial rendering workflow), but I'm not familiar with it, and am not sure it's either exposed and/or actually viable outside of said workflow.
Old 11-17-2023, 08:06 AM   #30
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
You cannot overwrite a book metadata (sdr) file outside of KOReader while the book is opened.
On closing (reloading) the book its sdr file would be overwritten by KOReader.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote