Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 12-09-2019, 11:50 AM   #31
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
A brief point about koreader. I added the file to set the buttons to work. They do. But oddly, at first the top buttons did a next page, and the bottom buttons did a back page. After I rebooted, they reversed function. No big deal, but there you go.

fllc, with respect, I think maybe you could improve your approach to functions on the nook. You talk about slowness. I agree, but installing fdroid will use valuable resources. It is more light-weight to download apks and sideload them. You don't need f-droid at all. Button savior can be set to be transparent so you barely see the buttons when they activated. And when you're not using them, switch them off and all there is a tiny tab at the edge of the screen to turn them back on. The home button can be long held to show most recent apps used, and also used to go back to the launcher. It has a back button, and a menu button which is handy if you install older apps, which I do because they are more light-weight.

My nook seems to insist to open in the normal nook gui, no matter what I do. I just press the home button twice when I wake it up.

Thanks to the koreader admins for letting us discuss topics not always directly related to koreader here. I'll try to summarize and copy this thread to the nook developer section, and also paste it on xda.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 02:48 PM   #32
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
A brief point about koreader. I added the file to set the buttons to work. They do. But oddly, at first the top buttons did a next page, and the bottom buttons did a back page. After I rebooted, they reversed function. No big deal, but there you go.
Somewhere, on settings -> navigation, there's an option to invert page turn buttons, so forward will become back and back will become forward. Make sure you didn't enable that option. With the option disabled it should behave as it did before you rebooted.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2019, 05:32 PM   #33
fllc
has been
fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fllc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k4nt, touch, PW2, koa2, pw4, Nook GLP 7.8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post

fllc, with respect, I think maybe you could improve your approach to functions on the nook. You talk about slowness. I agree, but installing fdroid will use valuable resources. It is more light-weight to download apks and sideload them. You don't need f-droid at all. Button savior can be set to be transparent so you barely see the buttons when they activated. And when you're not using them, switch them off and all there is a tiny tab at the edge of the screen to turn them back on. The home button can be long held to show most recent apps used, and also used to go back to the launcher. It has a back button, and a menu button which is handy if you install older apps, which I do because they are more light-weight.

My nook seems to insist to open in the normal nook gui, no matter what I do. I just press the home button twice when I wake it up.

Thanks to the koreader admins for letting us discuss topics not always directly related to koreader here. I'll try to summarize and copy this thread to the nook developer section, and also paste it on xda.
You seem to have similar inconsistent and unpredictable behavior in the Nook that I had before I got rid of all unnecessary apps! I had troubles with sleep, settings lost after reboot, battery drain, wrong launcher invoked after sleep, etc! Moreover, I observed some of these issues on my android phone where I downloaded and tested all apps that I was using on Nook. I even had a situation where a mere presence of one super-light-weight launcher would crash my primary launcher on button press.

So I reset to factory (root survived), and then installed my minimum of apps.

Now everything works as expected.

On the subject of f-droid: I set it so it does not do anything automatically. So the only resources it consumes is ~22 mb of space. It only runs when I need to update KOReader or ReLaunchX. (Given that the launcher was updated once in the last 20 months and KOReader can be picked up from GitHub at any time, I can just as easily get rid of it.)

Last edited by fllc; 12-09-2019 at 05:35 PM.
fllc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 01:59 PM   #34
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
I know this is an old thread, but in case anyone here is interested, it is possible to get the physical buttons on the Nook Glowlight 4 to work on KOReader and other reading apps. Here is a link to a post of mine where I explain how it's done. The Nook needs to be rooted for this to work.

The down side of this method is that it disables the physical buttons on the Nook stock reader. However, by using an app like Key Mapper, you can make the physical buttons simulate a touch on the screen and thus turn a page.
downeaster59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 02:16 AM   #35
nick84
Enthusiast
nick84 began at the beginning.

Device: KA2, KH2O2, KAOne, Nook4, KMini, PW5, K11, KV
Quote:
You'll see a lot of log messages. Each time you press a button, recognized or not, it will be logged with a number. Press each button a few times until you manage to recognize the number associated with the button. Once you have the numbers of every button you can create your own event mapping following https://github.com/koreader/koreader...customize-keys.
Trying now but it doesn't work. I uploaded the file on mediafire and downloaded via duckduckgo. Fore some reason it downloads as txt. I moved the file to koreader/settings folder but upon renaming the extension to .lua it simply disappeared.

Obviously it doesn't work.
nick84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert