Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 04-03-2018, 02:54 AM   #1
raoulw
raoulw began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook Air (T65s) 1GB/16GB
Boyue Likebook Air T65s 1GB/16GB firmware

Hey everyone! I'm new here.

So I'm looking to root a new Boyue Likebook Air T65s 1GB/16GB – initially just to get a serif font on to make the reading easier on the eye.

I have some experience with adb & rooting android phones in the past – but I'm completely new to ereaders & the boyue ecosystem. All I'm getting with this device when I try to adb push fonts, or su (or anything basically) is permission denied.

Anyway, there doesn't seem to be much info on this device here, so I thought I'd get it started with the build.prop file below!

As an aside, it's actually a very nice device – OS is very smooth, and my wife who has a Kindle Voyage is quite jealous. :-)

So couple of questions:

1. The device only has one button and a pin whole. Any suggestions on how to get it onto bootloader/recovery mode?
2. Is this exact device sold under another brand where there might be some rooting info about it?

Cheers,
Raoul
Attached Files
File Type: txt build.prop.txt (2.2 KB, 810 views)
raoulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 07:05 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
What makes you want a T65 instead of a T63? You can view the Boyue T63 in our wiki.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2018, 06:16 PM   #3
Enthusiast
guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Inkbook 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by raoulw View Post
1. The device only has one button and a pin whole. Any suggestions on how to get it onto bootloader/recovery mode?
Probably if you turn it on with the one button pressed it will enter bootloader mode.
Or simply:
adb reboot bootloader
The recovery partition most likely is empty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raoulw View Post
2. Is this exact device sold under another brand where there might be some rooting info about it?
Probably Root Master will work on this device.
If not, the solution that cannot fail:
- dump the system partition (for example using rkflashtool) to an img file
- mount the file on the PC, add su, umount
- upload the changed img to the device
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 01:46 AM   #4
raoulw
raoulw began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook Air (T65s) 1GB/16GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
What makes you want a T65 instead of a T63? You can view the Boyue T63 in our wiki.

Dale
I actually had a preference for the T63, but none were available when I went to order so went with the T65s instead.

Thanks for the link to the Wiki
raoulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 10:47 AM   #5
framorg
Enthusiast
framorg began at the beginning.

Device: InkPad 3 and Pocketbook Pro603
Hi,
I'm bourght a Likebook AIR T65S and I'm happy with that.
Small, ligth, fast an has android (4.4.2)!
But I think my firmware is a old firmware (V1.0.0-2018010210) because I saw by a colleague of mine that his AIR have a new FW (V1.0.1-2018071210).
Where I can download this update.zip?
I saw any FW by pan.baidu.com but I can't chinese (I'm a German) and I don't have a account by baidu.
Thanks for all hints
framorg

Last edited by framorg; 09-05-2018 at 10:56 AM.
framorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert