Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-22-2024, 03:56 PM   #1
jist
Enthusiast
jist began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Note Lite - Win10
Question sort including articles as The, An, A

I know that many people prefer to have articles such as The, A, An, ignored for sorting.
But I am not one of them ;-)

E.g. when looking at the 'Series' tree at the left, I would prefer to have a series title such as 'A Very Short Introduction to…' sorted by the the letter A, not by the letter V.

Under Preferences > Advanced > Tweaks, I did find the entry "Set the list of words considered to be "articles" for sort strings", but removing the articles A, An, The from that list did not solve it for sorting the Series tree.

Can this be done somehow?

TIA!

edit
It even seems to fail on book titles.
Am I doing something wrong?
jist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 04:27 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You want Strictly Alphabetical sorting (tweak)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 03:34 AM   #3
jist
Enthusiast
jist began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Note Lite - Win10
A thanks theducks, I surely overlooked that option.
jist is offline   Reply With Quote