Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-21-2024, 02:39 PM   #1
Zaher1976
Zaher1976 began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy
Custom file format (audio, video, iso,...)

Hi,
I request that caliber can be customized to add ANY file format (other than ebooks). Example: add iso file, audio or video, ANY file specified by the user using custom code.

Many Thanks.
Zaher1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 03:25 PM   #2
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
You can already add any format to a book file. I use 0-byte .paperbook and .overdrive formats to define physical books and loans, respectively.

I use Action Chains for adding.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-03-21 16_24_25-Add actions.png
Views:	54
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	207043

Name:	2024-03-21 16_24_42-Single Field Edit.png
Views:	52
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	207044

Name:	2024-03-21 16_24_56-Edit Template (only one template dialog allowed).png
Views:	50
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	207045

Last edited by ownedbycats; 03-21-2024 at 03:27 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 03:26 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I'm against that idea since I would prefer calibre to remain as an ebook library manager.

I do not see much of a use case for being able to import random files into my calibre library since you can already store random file types in the data directory.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 03:54 PM   #4
Zaher1976
Zaher1976 began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy
OK I tried Action Chains but it seems complex and Its interface on windows is different from the screenshots above. I wonder if there an easier solution.
10x
Zaher1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 05:39 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaher1976 View Post
OK I tried Action Chains but it seems complex and Its interface on windows is different from the screenshots above. I wonder if there an easier solution.
Just drag-drop the file into the library book list, or of you prefer nested dialogues change the file type selector in Add Books, viz:

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-22 081551.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	207047

I have a shortcut to calibre.exe in the Windows Send to, so I add all formats via that… to the appropriate library.

I agree with DNSB to a some degree, if you want to put Gone with the Wind (the movie) with Margaret Mitchell's book of the same name put it in the book's data folder.

But I also have a Media library full of audio and video clips. The MP3/4 files etc are in the book folders - along with TXT transcripts and translations.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-21-2024 at 05:43 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
add file, audio, custom file format, iso, video