Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 09-28-2022, 08:50 AM   #1
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
A suggestion for moderators

When acting as a moderator, please post in green.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 10:44 AM   #2
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
I must admit that sounds a good idea.
Or even simpler, put 'Moderator' in the title bit, or give the nickname a different colour.

It is not clear from titles who is a moderator, and when being told off recently I had no idea whether I was being formally told off by a moderator, or just subject to a comment from another member.
I did eventually find a list of staff somewhere, but I had to ask to locate it.
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 01:00 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
When acting as a moderator, please post in green.
I'm assuming you're referring to my recent request for someone to edit their post in the General Discussion area. Since I was also taking part in the discussion, I didn't feel the need to "Go all green". Seemed a little heavy-handed to me under the circumstances. The request was fulfilled, the discussion continued.

Moderator Notice
But I'll make a note that you'd prefer that I be heavy-handed 100% of the time. Even when I'm making the simplest request of a user.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-28-2022 at 02:04 PM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 01:37 PM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Moderator Notice
We have the [mod] markup. Or is it just for editors?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 02:03 PM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Moderator Notice
We have the [mod] markup. Or is it just for editors?
Moderator Notice
No, I'm pretty sure I've seen moderators use it, too
Old 09-28-2022, 02:05 PM   #6
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

what does it mean that the two people posting above me have green names please ?
Old 09-28-2022, 03:47 PM   #7
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
what does it mean that the two people posting above me have green names please ?
Green names are “editors”, moderators with responsibility for all of MobileRead, as opposed to “moderators” who moderate specific forums. Editors also have a few extra moderating tools.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 04:01 PM   #8
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'm assuming you're referring to my recent request for someone to edit their post in the General Discussion area. Since I was also taking part in the discussion, I didn't feel the need to "Go all green". Seemed a little heavy-handed to me under the circumstances. The request was fulfilled, the discussion continued.

But I'll make a note that you'd prefer that I be heavy-handed 100% of the time. Even when I'm making the simplest request of a user.
I wouldn't call it heavy handed. I would call it being consistent and clear.

I personally want to know when a mod is acting as a mod vs just another yahoo stating their opinion on MR.
Old 09-29-2022, 04:30 AM   #9
Ned
Ebook reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Green names are “editors”, moderators with responsibility for all of MobileRead, as opposed to “moderators” who moderate specific forums. Editors also have a few extra moderating tools.
Thank you
So would it be possible to have moderators' names in some other colour so we who don't know everyone can tell who they are?
As I said if I am getting an instruction/request I like to know the officialness of its origin .
Old 09-29-2022, 05:26 AM   #10
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thank you
So would it be possible to have moderators' names in some other colour so we who don't know everyone can tell who they are?
As I said if I am getting an instruction/request I like to know the officialness of its origin .
IMO, that is the purpose of posting in green. IMO, non-green posts carry the same weight as any other post by any other MR member.

For example, me and issybird (as I recall), a moderator, have had back and forth posts debating some issue(s) in the past, and I carried it to far. Until she post(s) in green, I didn't feel I had to stop posting my opinion.

The moderators should be allowed to enjoy MR as normal members also.
Old 09-29-2022, 11:55 AM   #11
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thank you
If a subforum has moderators, they're listed at the bottom of each subforum's main page. In a box titled "Moderators".

Click image for larger version

Name:	mods.png
Views:	920
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	196869
Old 09-29-2022, 11:59 AM   #12
Ned
Ebook reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
If a subforum has moderators, they're listed at the bottom of each subforum's main page. In a box titled "Moderators".

Attachment 196869
Ah, thank you
So as there are none listed on this page we're on now, this particular forum doesn't have moderators.
And presumably moderators from one forum do not backseat moderate on another?