Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-14-2017, 08:16 PM   #121
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 15 Jan
  • £2.99 -- The Secret -- Kathryn Hughes --> contemp
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 02:11 PM   #122
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Daily Deals -- exp 15 Jan
Advert
Old 01-15-2017, 04:39 PM   #123
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Audible's algorithms are one of life's great mysteries. I'm currently at a place where none of the offers work for me. They're getting harder and harder to get now and I'm right in the middle of collecting Asimov's Foundation universe series.
It's taken them a while to address the issue.

Always follow the dollar [those in countries which do not use the dollar, insert your currency here]. They're perhaps just now getting serious about addressing it because heretofore the amount that they were losing was just a trickle compared to the rest of their (ahem) "sales." Well, the trickle may have gotten big enough that they feel that they have to address the problem.

Alternatively, or additionally, they may have felt that they didn't have the time. None of us, or companies, either, have a limitless supply of it. They needed their employees (IT or whoever) working on other things worse than they needed to use them to fix this problem. They've got to set priorities (sorry, tm, if this sounds like a personal development book), and maybe this problem is just now reaching the threshold where they're going to have to fix it.

I've got a leaky faucet in my bathroom. It's been leaking for years. But when it started out, it didn't drip very often. It's gotten much worse than it was--there's going to get to be a point where I'm going to have to fix it, whether I want to fix it (and, believe me, I don't want to have to do it) or not. It's going to start costing me too much money because of the water consumption. That's an analogy.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-15-2017 at 05:40 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 12:29 AM   #124
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 16 Jan
Old 01-16-2017, 01:57 PM   #125
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 16 Jan
  • Audible ---> not showing for me
  • BN Nook --> $3.99 -- Brighton -- Michael Harvey --> thriller
Advert
Old 01-16-2017, 02:01 PM   #126
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Daily Deals -- exp 16 Jan

Audible ---> not showing for me
$3.95 or $2.99 WS w/ $0.99 Kindle edition:

The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood Audible – Unabridged
Howard Pyle (Author), Christopher Cazenove (Narrator), Inc. Blackstone Audio (Publisher)

http://www.audible.com/pd/Kids/The-M...ook/B002UZKP76
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 02:03 PM   #127
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Last Day -- Downpour -- exp 16 Jan
Old 01-16-2017, 05:01 PM   #128
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
$3.95 or $2.99 WS w/ $0.99 Kindle edition:

The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood Audible – Unabridged
Howard Pyle (Author), Christopher Cazenove (Narrator), Inc. Blackstone Audio (Publisher)

http://www.audible.com/pd/Kids/The-M...ook/B002UZKP76
Thanks - I went back to check it again and still the same results. So I signed out of my account to see if that would make a difference, and sure enough, it showed up.

Up until today, it worked when I was signed in. Now it looks like I'll have to log out before checking the Daily Deal. I had this same problem with the UK site. It worked while signed in; then one day it stopped and I could only see it when logged out.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:54 PM   #129
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Thanks - I went back to check it again and still the same results. So I signed out of my account to see if that would make a difference, and sure enough, it showed up.

Up until today, it worked when I was signed in. Now it looks like I'll have to log out before checking the Daily Deal. I had this same problem with the UK site. It worked while signed in; then one day it stopped and I could only see it when logged out.
Try this:

http://www.audible.com/DailyDeal
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 07:57 PM   #130
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
Thanks, but that's the link I've been using.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:01 PM   #131
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Thanks, but that's the link I've been using.
D'oh! Where does it take you instead of the DotD?
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 08:21 PM   #132
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
D'oh! Where does it take you instead of the DotD?
It took me to the book, but with no indication that it was the daily deal and no sale price listed. It looked like some random book listing. That's not enough information for me to make up a sale price and declare that it was the daily deal.

When I signed out later on to make a repeated try, that book was listed as the daily deal along with sale pricing. This looks to be a repeat of what happened on the UK site.

I'll try tomorrow to see if it works when I'm signed in. If not, then I'll stay signed out from then on when I check for the daily deal.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:24 PM   #133
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 17 Jan
  • £1.99 -- The Widow -- Fiona Barton --> suspense
Old 01-17-2017, 02:08 AM   #134
septentrion
Addict
septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2014, Kindle Voyage and Kindle Oasis 2
I don't recall having seen it posted but the last novella in the Saint Mary's Chronicles by Jodi Taylor, My Name is Markham, is free at audible.

This is a series I enjoy a lot and can only encourage people to read that author.
septentrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 05:44 AM   #135
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 17 Jan
  • Audible ---> $3.95 -- The Sister -- Louise Jensen --> suspense
  • BN Nook --> $9.99 -- Before the Fall -- Noah Hawley --> suspense