Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-12-2018, 05:03 PM   #1
FavSport:Reading
Enthusiast
FavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheese

Device: Nook Glowlight 3
Help! Unable to get books in series to sort on Nook

I have spent way too much time trying to get this to work and am beyond frustrated! Decided to reach out to people who actually know what they are doing. I am trying to sort my series with Calibre and then move them to my nook. This is what I am doing:

First of all, you should know that all metadata in each book has been updated and I have named the series and number of each book in the appropriate boxes.

Then I did the following:

Preferences
Megadata Plugboards
Add new plugboard (I added epub here)
Device (I added nook here)
Source (I typed the following:

{series}{series_index:0>2s | - | - }{title}

Then I hit Save Plugboard
Apply

Then I went into my Library and highlighted all the books in one series, right clicked, and hit move to my device, main menu.

They show up on my device, but only the title is there. No numbers to indicate what order the books should be in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have to be doing something wrong!

Thank you.
FavSport:Reading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:30 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
This area is confusing to newbies
In many cases, the templates are almost identical'
Plugboards are for devices that use Metadata for the interface (eg. Kindle)
In this case, your templat pads existing fields like Title or Author, with ADDITIONAL THAT IS NOT SUPPORTED NATIVELY

Save to Device or Disk is for filename based library mangers. you just add data to the file name
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 06:04 AM   #3
FavSport:Reading
Enthusiast
FavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheeseFavSport:Reading can extract oil from cheese

Device: Nook Glowlight 3
Not really understanding this. Are you telling me that I will be unable to make this work with my nook? If that is the case, why is the nook listed as one of the devices? You’re right, this can be confusing for newbies!

Bottom line is, I want a way to have my series show up with the books numbered appropriately. If I have to, I guess I could go in and edit the title of each book and add the number but I read that that isn’t the best idea (not to mention that it is tedious and I will have to do it for every book in the future). I just don’t know where to go from here. I have exhausted the internet and tried several different things.
FavSport:Reading is offline   Reply With Quote