Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-06-2018, 09:11 AM   #1
Andys
Andys began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Viewer bookmarks window - QoL feature request

Hi, I am very glad to see a hotkey for open/close bookmark window in newer version, here's some suggestions I believe would improve keyboard control in viewer

1. After pressing show bookmarks hotkey focus should be switched to this new window. As of now, you have to either press tab to jump through all toolbar items and then you get to bookmarks, or have to use mouse if bookmarks are in undocked window.
2. When the bookmark window is undocked, open/close hotkey should work in it. same as in main viewer window. Currently the hotkey doesn't work at all in undocked bookmarks window, it works only when bookmarks are docked as a sidebar.
3. Maybe a confirmation when deleting bookmark with del key? Just to be safe in case I somehow miss pgup/dn keys
4. Optional/personal usage - when activating bookmark in a list, jump to position and close bookmark window (optional since I can imagine both usages - with closing and without)

Basically, I hope for this scenario - press hotkey, select bookmark, press enter, close bookmarks. All from keyboard and without tabbing a lot

Last edited by Andys; 08-06-2018 at 09:13 AM.
Andys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 09:15 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The viewer is currently in the process of being completely re-written for calibre 4, so i am not making any more changes to it. Feel free to ping me about your requests after the calibre 4 beta is released.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2018, 09:28 AM   #3
Andys
Andys began at the beginning.

Device: PC
OK, thanks!
Andys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 05:05 AM   #4
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The viewer is currently in the process of being completely re-written for calibre 4, so i am not making any more changes to it. Feel free to ping me about your requests after the calibre 4 beta is released.
I had seen this. :
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 06:24 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yeah the development is happening in the engine branch in the calibre github repository -- I am finally moving the editor and viewer to use Qt WebEngine which has a much newer HTML rendering engine. Editor is already done, viewer is being worked on.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2018, 09:07 AM   #6
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Maybe you can find a solution for rendering PDF w/o converting.
This is one of my biggest whishes since long time especially for the server.
(Something like the minified version of pdf.js)

Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote