Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-02-2020, 02:12 PM   #511
7596ff
7596ff began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2
Is there any way to remotely connect to the device on Wifi? I can not seem to conncet with ftp://ip (in gnome files, I get connection refused)
7596ff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:21 PM   #512
Frenzie
Guru
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Search for a term like "telnet", "ssh," "sshd" or "dropbear" and you should hopefully be able to find something to your liking.

See for example https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=254214
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 10:09 PM   #513
7596ff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Oh, thank you. I did not know it was a Kobo feature.
Old 04-20-2020, 01:28 PM   #514
7596ff

Is there a way to disable the `Unknown Author` warning on PDFs with no metadata?
Old 04-21-2020, 03:55 AM   #515
baskerville
Addict
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7596ff View Post
Is there a way to disable the `Unknown Author` warning on PDFs with no metadata?
It will be possible in the next release.
baskerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 05:28 AM   #516
baskerville
Addict
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Plato 0.8.5

I've released 0.8.5.
Old 05-02-2020, 02:47 PM   #517
Mavireck
Connoisseur
Mavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kobo H2O (First edition)
Quote:
Originally Posted by baskerville View Post
I've released 0.8.5.
That is quite awesome!
Except it appears it doesn't recognise my Aura H20 (first edition) correctly. Although the screen has the correct resolution, everything is very small and touch appears not to work properly neither.

Plato saved a log.ini file :
Code:
Framebuffer rotation: 3 -> 1.
Plato is running on a Kobo Touch A/B.
The framebuffer resolution is 1080 by 1440.
I am not using a Kobo Touch so I guess that would explain all the issues.
Also I did delete completely the old metadata and config file, I did a clean install.
And I launched through telnet while on Nickel:
Code:
>./mnt/onboard/.adds/plato/plato.sh

[FBInk] Detected a Kobo Aura H2O (370 => Dahlia @ Mark 5)                  
Variable fb info: 1080x1440 (1088x1536), 32bpp @ rotation: 1 (Clockwise, 90┬░)           
Fixed fb info: ID is "mxc_epdc_fb", length of fb mem: 6684672 bytes & line length: 4352 bytes

Switching fb to 8bpp . . .        
Setting bitdepth to 8bpp    
Setting grayscale to 1   
Setting rotate to 3 (Counter Clockwise, 270┬░) to account for kernel rotation quirks
Bitdepth is now 8bpp (grayscale: 1) @ rotate: 1 (Clockwise, 90┬░) 

Variable fb info: 1080x1440 (1088x3072), 8bpp @ rotation: 1 (Clockwise, 90┬░) 
Fixed fb info: ID is "mxc_epdc_fb", length of fb mem: 6684672 bytes & line length: 1088 bytes
Did I do something wrong? Do you need more logs?

Last edited by Mavireck; 05-02-2020 at 02:54 PM.
Mavireck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 03:58 PM   #518
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavireck View Post
And I launched through telnet while on Nickel:
That's your mistake .

It requires PLATFORM & PRODUCT to be set properly in the env.

That's not the case for stuff started via udev (i.e., ssh & !nickel's telnet).

(KOReader's startup script has a bunch of legacy fallbacks to handle all the weird ways it could get launched).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 05-02-2020 at 04:00 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 05:31 PM   #519
Mavireck
Connoisseur
Mavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a TexanMavireck might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kobo H2O (First edition)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
That's your mistake .

It requires PLATFORM & PRODUCT to be set properly in the env.

That's not the case for stuff started via udev (i.e., ssh & !nickel's telnet).

(KOReader's startup script has a bunch of legacy fallbacks to handle all the weird ways it could get launched).
I did not know there were such subtle notions
Thanks for your answer! I am glad to know it is only my mistake , I hate to be that person noticing bugs.

EDIT: Yep it was my fault, I started it with NickelMenu and it works now.
I am a great fan of the new librairy system, for one very specific reason : I have a lot of sheet music on my reader (1000+ files), and Nickel manages them very badly. So far, I used to have a Hook in Plato that would rename a folder from ".sheetmusic" to "sheetmusic" which I would start at the same time as plato and I had an opposite script when I went back to Nickel.
Except now I have a specific librairy within Plato, linked to ".sheetmusic". No need to rename the folder everytime, Nickel does not see it but Plato does. And I registered as a "database" librairy, so that it does not write to the device's memory too much.
It is absolutely completely surprisingly perfect!
A huge thank you for your work!

Last edited by Mavireck; 05-03-2020 at 06:19 AM.
Mavireck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 12:14 PM   #520
7596ff

Why does "Clean Up" remove all reading states? I have to remember all of them now since I clicked the button without knowing what it did, and there's no documentation for it in https://github.com/baskerville/plato.../0.8.4...0.8.5. I had assumed that it would remove all reading states and database information for books that were no longer present in the library, for example the Wallabag folder that I had just made its own library.

Last edited by 7596ff; 05-04-2020 at 12:33 PM.
Old 05-04-2020, 04:16 PM   #521
baskerville
Addict

Quote:
Why does "Clean Up" remove all reading states?
This isn't how I would describe the aforementioned action.

Quote:
I have to remember all of them now since I clicked the button without knowing what it did
I'm sorry to hear that. Did you keep the old `.metadata.json`? If you did, you might be able to extract the reading states from it.

Quote:
I had assumed that it would remove all reading states and database information for books that were no longer present in the library, for example the Wallabag folder that I had just made its own library.
Your assumption is correct, and I was about to explain how to convert a directory to database…

Here's an example on how to convert a sub-directory of LIBRARY_PATH, here Articles, to a library:

Code:
cd LIBRARY_PATH

jq 'with_entries(select(.value.file.path|startswith("Articles/")))' .metadata.json > .metadata-articles.json
jq 'with_entries(select(.value.file.path|startswith("Articles/")|not))' .metadata.json > .metadata-no_articles.json

jq 'with_entries(.value.file.path |= sub("Articles/"; ""))' .metadata-articles.json > Articles/.metadata.json
mkdir Articles/.reading-states
jq 'keys|.[]' .metadata-articles.json | xargs printf '.reading-states/%016X.json ' | xargs -J % mv % Articles/.reading-states
rm .metadata-articles.json
cp -p .fat32-epoch Articles

mv Articles .Articles
mv .metadata-no_articles.json .metadata.json

And the library settings for this new library are:
Code:
[[libraries]]
name = "Articles"
path = "LIBRARY_PATH/.Articles"
mode = "database"
Old 05-04-2020, 07:56 PM   #522
7596ff

Thank you for that message, however, I am still not quite sure what the actions Flush or Clean Up do. I fat-fingered Flush and it logged me out of Nickel, and Clean Up wiped the database of reading states. And no, because I'm rather clumsy and bull-headed, I removed my old .metadata.json. I have this problem where I really have no idea if any problem I have with plato is a bug or user error, so I'm always too scared to say anything, but I really don't think Clean Up is supposed to remove all reading states... Thank you for the software and apologies that I am the user from hell

Edit: By logged me out of Nickel I mean that when I exited plato I was greeted with the Langauge selection screen, then prompted to log in with whichever account. Wifi prefs were not lost somehow

Last edited by 7596ff; 05-04-2020 at 08:36 PM.
Old 05-08-2020, 10:17 PM   #523
johnson_chung
johnson_chung began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Mini
I realy want to know ,how can I shut the founction of rotate. It often rotates when I turn the page, so I have to open the menu to rotate it back.

Last edited by johnson_chung; 05-12-2020 at 11:23 PM.
johnson_chung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 02:47 PM   #524
TheRealJohnAdams
TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Baskerville, this looks really neat! I apologize if you've already answered this question, but am I right to believe that Plato, like KOReader, uses a pure directory-style categorization system? In other words, if a book is in /Parent_Category/Subcategory1, it (a) is not also in Parent_Category, and (b) cannot also be in Subcategory2?

I am hoping this is not the case or that there is a way around this limitation.
TheRealJohnAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 04:24 PM   #525
TheRealJohnAdams
TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Apologies for the double post, but I can't see a way to edit my first one. I found this file, which appears to be a sample metadata.json file for Plato. That file stores each book's categories in an array. I also saw you mention something about inferring categories from dc:subject, which is where Calibre stores tags. I think Plato might be exactly what I'm looking for.

Just to check my understanding, suppose I put three books on my Kobo in the library directory. The book Gridlinked has the following metadata:

Code:
<dc:subject>Fiction.Science Fiction.Space Opera</dc:subject>
<dc:subject>Fiction.Thriller</dc:subject>
The book Shadow and Claw has the following metadata:

Code:
<dc:subject>Fiction.Science Fiction</dc:subject>
<dc:subject>Fiction.Fantasy</dc:subject>
The book Canticle for Leibowitz was improperly filed and has the following (incorrect) metadata:

Code:
<dc:subject>Nonfiction</dc:subject>
<dc:subject>Science Fiction</dc:subject>
What I would expect to happen is that when I open Plato, the subject bar has three items:
  • Fiction (from Gridlinked and Shadow)
  • Nonfiction (from Leibowitz)
  • Science Fiction (from Leibowitz)

If I press Fiction, the subject bar displays Fiction, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Thriller, and the book list displays Gridlinked and Shadow. From there, if I press Science Fiction, Thriller disappears and Space Opera is added. Gridlinked and Shadow are both still displayed. If I press Space Opera, Shadow disappears and Gridlinked remains.

If instead of pressing Fiction I press Science Fiction, the subject bar displays Science Fiction, and the book list displays Leibowitz only.

Am I understanding correctly?
TheRealJohnAdams is offline   Reply With Quote