Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-31-2020, 01:57 AM   #166
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro, Kindle Oasis 2017, Kobo Aura One, iPhone X
Quote:
Originally Posted by brudigia View Post
I did the check tonight, and there was no indexing running, but my battery was 30%. I cannot remember when I recharged it, but It seems a few days ago. I will do a test now, recharge it 100% and then I will see what happens
My Oasis 2017 yesterday was at 10%, after reading just 1 book, and in about 6 days. I am confirming that at least for my Oasis my battery is running faster. Any idea, short of waiting for next update and cross my fingers ?
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 12:46 PM   #167
hius07
Fanatic
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3
More reports on new Aa menu appearance after reboot.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 01:05 PM   #168
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KO3, KV, KPW4, KA1, Kobo Aura H2O, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
More reports on new Aa menu appearance after reboot.

From whom? Source?
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 01:43 PM   #169
John Hopper
Groupie
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
From whom? Source?
Just tried rebooting my Oasis 3 and Voyage just in case, but no change yet.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 02:03 PM   #170
nimbus.se
nimbus.se began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
I rebooted my Paperwhite this morning, no changes whatsoever
nimbus.se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 02:17 PM   #171
hius07
Fanatic
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
From whom? Source?
http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&sh...ost&p=95288727

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&sh...ost&p=95120194
Old 04-02-2020, 02:39 PM   #172
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KO3, KV, KPW4, KA1, Kobo Aura H2O, K3
Dear Leader hasn't yet required Americans to be fluent in Russian, so I have no idea what those posts say.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 02:53 PM   #173
hius07
Fanatic

Quote:
Dear Leader hasn't yet required Americans to be fluent in Russian, so I have no idea what those posts say.
That the new Aa menu appeared after reboot.
Old 04-02-2020, 02:57 PM   #174
fogice
Enthusiast
fogice began at the beginning.

Someone on Reddit has it in English: https://reddit.com/r/kindle/comments...as_been_moved/
fogice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 04:23 PM   #175
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Both Kinds: epub based makes and Kindle
This:
Quote:
maskedman0511
The margin settings should be updated. Lots of screen space is unused even in the lowest setting.
On the older kindles you could edit a file, though it was lost if you changed the Aa menu.
I'm baffled why there is such a large minimum margin on the Kindle. Admittedly paper books often have larger, but electronic screens the "margin" is sort of the bezel and you can go much closer to that than the edge of a page. The minimum Kindle margin might make sense on a 10" screen (book shaped, not HD TV video 16:9 shaped).
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 06:07 PM   #176
ksrhee
ksrhee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
New Aa menu in Oasis

Got the new Aa menu today after restarting my Oasis. So, it's coming!
ksrhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 09:04 PM   #177
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I got the new Aa menu on my Voyage, but so far not on my Oasis1 or Oasis3.
Its just a reshuffling of features into a kind of popup up that covers bottom half of screen. I see nothing new in there. Just in different spots now. Less tabs going into menus for some stuff. I like it, but I don't read on my Voyage much anymore so I'll have to get used to it once it gets on my Oasis.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 05:35 AM   #178
John Hopper
Groupie
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
I got the new Aa menu on my Voyage, but so far not on my Oasis1 or Oasis3.

Its just a reshuffling of features into a kind of popup up that covers bottom half of screen. I see nothing new in there. Just in different spots now. Less tabs going into menus for some stuff. I like it, but I don't read on my Voyage much anymore so I'll have to get used to it once it gets on my Oasis.
Haven't got it yet on either my Voyage or Oasis 3. Maybe because I'm in the UK and I assume most of you who have it are in the US? It's no big deal in the grand scheme of things, of course, but I guess most of us don't have too much excitement in life at the moment.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 06:54 AM   #179
svenlind
Addict
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Mini 5, Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis 3
I got the new Aa menu after a restart of my Oasis 3.
svenlind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 09:12 AM   #180
Gabriel.Voyager
Connoisseur
Gabriel.Voyager began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kindle Voyage 3G, Kobo Aura H2O, iPad Mini Retina
I'm also got the new menu Aa on my Oasis 2, after reboot, with wi-fi on.
Gabriel.Voyager is offline   Reply With Quote