Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-01-2020, 09:55 AM   #46
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepWithMachine View Post
i installed gboard and tried to activate speech recognition without success, i think it is due to missing google services and will keep trying some apps.
Is Google Play Store available?
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:06 AM   #47
SleepWithMachine
not meant sexually
SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nova Air C
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Is Google Play Store available?
Play Store is available, but must first be activated via the settings
SleepWithMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2020, 01:21 PM   #48
raca339
raca339 is on a distinguished road

Device: Onyx Boox Nova2
Waiting for mine, ordered 6 days ago.
It will replace my Kobo Aura One.

Interesting review here:

Last edited by pdurrant; 04-03-2020 at 01:55 AM.
raca339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 01:59 PM   #49
SleepWithMachine
not meant sexually
SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SleepWithMachine once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Small experience report:

The battery life is amazing. Got it with 90% 2 days ago and used it excessively. Since this is my first Android-based reader, I have worked through all the scenarios and tried a lot of apps. Whether writing text messages with whatsapp (web) or watching videos, everything is actually possible to a limited extent. I currently have 75% energy. Every other tablet has long been attached to the charger.

Not so good:

I gave up trying to use speech recognition as text input. I would really like to use the device as a dictation machine, hopefully that will come later with an update

Reading PDF files, especially if they are larger, is unfortunately not as expected and very Slow

And - I miss the speaker
Old 04-03-2020, 01:04 AM   #50
jhoff80
Enthusiast
jhoff80 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Is the app Microsoft OneNote still crazy laggy when trying to use the pen like it is on the Nova Pro?
jhoff80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2020, 01:52 AM   #51
SleepWithMachine
not meant sexually

I tried it. 72 MB, pretty bloated app that took ages to load. Its obvously not suitable for e-ink screens, even with the highest contrast I couldn't see how I could use it.
Old 04-03-2020, 10:59 AM   #52
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Amazon shows:
Quote:
BOOX Nova2
Documents format:AZW3, ....
Is it correct? Is Nova2 AZW3 compatible?
Old 04-03-2020, 02:25 PM   #53
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Amazon shows:
It should be! My plain first-gen Nova is!

Edit: I mean, the native NeoReader app is compatible with AZW3!

Last edited by downeaster59; 04-03-2020 at 07:18 PM.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 04:59 PM   #54
james_
Connoisseur
james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3,Oasis, YotaPhone 2, Boox Note2, Mi Pad 4+, Kobo Mini & Forma
Quote:
Amazon shows:
Yes, just run the Kindle app and you can read AZW3... or any other format that Amazon creates.
james_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 12:04 AM   #55
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_ View Post
Yes, just run the Kindle app and you can read AZW3... or any other format that Amazon creates.
That's why I wouldn't have asked
Old 04-04-2020, 12:06 AM   #56
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
I mean, the native NeoReader app is compatible with AZW3!
Thank you - I was interested in this answer
Old 04-04-2020, 02:24 AM   #57
SleepWithMachine
not meant sexually

just tried it. azw3 format is supported by the built in reader
Old 04-04-2020, 04:27 AM   #58
SleepWithMachine
not meant sexually

just figured out after install the Android app "Hidden Settings", you get into the Android settings that are otherwise hidden. This in turn is interesting because you get access to the developer options with tons of settings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	optionen.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	178097  
Old 04-05-2020, 04:48 PM   #59
raca339
raca339 is on a distinguished road

Device: Onyx Boox Nova2

Last edited by pdurrant; 04-06-2020 at 03:17 AM. Reason: embedded youtube video
raca339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 11:56 AM   #60
xdexx
xdexx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Question Screen contrast? How black is the black?

Lucky Nova 2 owners: how's the contrast? Is the black dark enough?
Is it any different/better than the Nova Pro screen?
On the site, they talk about the "newest E Ink Carta Plus screen with double-sensor control, MOON Light 2 front-lit system and the SNOW Field function".
Does all this tech talk make any difference?

Thanks in advance & stay healthy!
xdexx is offline   Reply With Quote