Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-14-2020, 10:18 AM   #211
rudi.jdi
rudi.jdi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3 FW 5.12.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
You could also use the "Tools" prefix to find our most frequently used tools.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=267541
There are others, but that is our best guide.
Thanks my friend
rudi.jdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 10:19 AM   #212
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@rudi.jdi:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
You are *not* able to downgrade a Kindle, which means you will have to be running a FW version <= to the factory image we have on hand.
If you're not, you're out of luck, at least not without hardware modifications, which we only know how to handle on *some* specific models (generally, older/simpler ones).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 10:23 AM   #213
rudi.jdi
rudi.jdi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3 FW 5.12.3
Quote:
@rudi.jdi:
:afirmativo:
rudi.jdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:12 AM   #214
seymourtv
seymourtv began at the beginning.

Device: PW3 PW4
I am stuck. I downgraded to 5.10.1.3 -- Thank you very much for your help @ilovejedd

I installed jailbreak, I installed JB Hotfix, I extracted the MRPI folders/files... This seems to be all good... But I am having trouble with next step, install KUAL

I copy Update_KUALBooklet_f54e864_install.bin to mrpackages and search ;log mrpi

Nothing happens... So I restart device, and nothing happens

Where does KUAL.cfg file go?

Thanks
seymourtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 11:45 AM   #215
seymourtv

The KUAL installation is not working for me

ilovejedd helped me to downgrade my PW4 to 5.10.1.3

I have had success to the jailbreak and hotfix install and have copied the mrpackage folders/files to the device. No problem until this point.

I tried to Update_KUALBooklet_f54e864_install via ;log mrpi -- but nothing happens after I press search

I tried to Update_KUALBooklet_hotfix_f54e864_install via Update Your Kind -- but it does not work and I see this message "Update Error. An invalid update file has been loaded on your device. Please contact customer service."

To start over fresh, I have performed the diag and downgrade procedure twice. Still KUAL does not install.

Can someone shed light? Thanks
Old 03-24-2020, 02:07 PM   #216
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If *nothing* (and I do mean *nothing* at all) happens with ;log mrpi, but the JB hotfix install via UYK was actually *successful*, you've simply botched the MRPI install.

The KUAL hotfix is not designed to be able to pass the safety checks on FW < 5.12.2, so, that failure, at least, is perfectly normal.

Sidebar: pairing a post with a perfectly identical PM will not win you any points. Don't do that.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 03-24-2020 at 02:10 PM.
Old 03-24-2020, 02:14 PM   #217
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
@seymourtv, so you can try to upgrade to 5.12.4 after the hotfix and then play with the KUAL installation.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 02:23 PM   #218
seymourtv

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
@seymourtv, so you can try to upgrade to 5.12.4 after the hotfix and then play with the KUAL installation.
Do you think it will work?
Old 03-24-2020, 03:07 PM   #219
seymourtv

SOLVED

Quote:
Thank you @hius07

The solution for me was 1) update to 5.12.4 and 2) use Update_KUALBooklet_hotfix_f54e864_install + Update Your Kindle

Sorry for multiple posts. Moderators please delete if you deem necessary.

Cheers
Old 03-24-2020, 03:22 PM   #220
NiLuJe
BLAM!

That won't fix a botched MRPI install, though.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:04 PM   #221
seymourtv

Quote:
That won't fix a botched MRPI install, though.
Can you say more?
Old 03-24-2020, 07:19 PM   #222
NiLuJe
BLAM!

The JB hotfix is (mostly) completely orthogonal to MRPI, so, it won't magically make MRPI run if it's not installed ^^.
Old 03-31-2020, 02:42 PM   #223
seymourtv

I am trying to jailbreak a PW3 that updated to 5.12.4

I factory reset the PW3

I found "update_pw3_5.9.6.1_factory.bin" which is the correct factory image for my PW3. After I copied the .bin to device root, I see this message "Update Error: An invalid update file has been loaded on your device"

Is there another I should be using?
Old 03-31-2020, 02:44 PM   #224
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by seymourtv View Post
I am trying to jailbreak a PW3 that updated to 5.12.4
No you can't. 5.9.6.1 is the last jailbreakable firmware.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 05:28 PM   #225
seymourtv

Quote:
No you can't. 5.9.6.1 is the last jailbreakable firmware.
How can I flash factory firmware to previous version?