Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-08-2020, 05:51 PM   #31
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Good news: I'm an idiot.

I've updated the zip in #26.

It now *actually* has a chance to do something useful (either way).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 06:15 PM   #32
CjFox
CjFox can extract oil from cheeseCjFox can extract oil from cheeseCjFox can extract oil from cheeseCjFox can extract oil from cheeseCjFox can extract oil from cheeseCjFox can extract oil from cheeseCjFox can extract oil from cheeseCjFox can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Oasis
Ok,

Put on the updated emergency bridge.zip and updated mrpi with post #2s
Restarted
Restarted again
A new kindle feedback book appeared ! o.o

MRPI'd the bridge and a jailbreak message appeared! o.o Says succesfully installed and restarting device

Im back in the GUI and have uploaded the logs for you,

I'm gonna let you check it over before I do anything else...
Attached Files
File Type: zip Downloads.zip (599.1 KB, 147 views)
CjFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 06:27 PM   #33
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yep, the feedback book thingy is the 5.12-specific portion of an up-to-date bridge kicking in .

Everything looks good .

Thanks for the prompt feedback, this little adventure has convinced me that the bridge really ought to take care of ;log because it did save our bacon in the past (@hius07 will be happy ;p).

Harmless sidenote: installing the current snapshots will technically have downgraded your bridge, but that's harmless for now (and a necessary step because otherwise it'd have restored potentially buggy/incomplete backups).

I'll be throwing a big fat warning when I next update the snapshots that everyone should update their bridge ASAP .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 03-08-2020 at 06:29 PM.
Old 03-08-2020, 06:31 PM   #34
CjFox
CjFox can extract oil from cheeseCjFox can extract oil from cheeseCjFox can extract oil from cheeseCjFox can extract oil from cheeseCjFox can extract oil from cheeseCjFox can extract oil from cheeseCjFox can extract oil from cheeseCjFox can extract oil from cheese

Oh yay, that's wonderful news.

So I should be in business now.

Do I need to do anything else, or is it KUAL through MRPI time?
Old 03-08-2020, 06:39 PM   #35
CjFox

Oh, and would it be standard KUAL or coplate KUAL to use?
Old 03-08-2020, 06:58 PM   #36
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Probably coplate on 5.12 .
Old 03-08-2020, 07:27 PM   #37
CjFox

Right, that's got KUAL Coplate installed, which is golden.

Now I just need to try and find the right version of the Screensaver hack to download and run it through KUAL and I should be in business.

Though, I am struggling tonight (I blame a headache) to find the one that supports my Kindle Oasis... :/
Old 03-08-2020, 07:31 PM   #38
CjFox

Yeah, there they are. I'm a dummy.
Old 03-08-2020, 11:59 PM   #39
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Nice guys!
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 04:01 AM   #40
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Harmless sidenote: installing the current snapshots will technically have downgraded your bridge, but that's harmless for now (and a necessary step because otherwise it'd have restored potentially buggy/incomplete backups).

I'll be throwing a big fat warning when I next update the snapshots that everyone should update their bridge ASAP .
So should I update the bridge from your newer version in this thread? I have PW3 on 5.9.7 with JailBreak-1.16.N-FW-5.x-hotfix.zip
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 11:47 AM   #41
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@mergen3107: No, that's not a (complete) bridge.
Old 03-18-2020, 10:13 AM   #42
raver520
raver520 began at the beginning.

Device: kpw3
Thanks for this thread save my kpw3 with the firmware 5.12.4, I meet the problem similar to CjFox, I download the attach on #26, follow the step. I can use the Kual again. Thank you NiLuJe. And we have downgraded our bridge, and what can we do to update the bridge again? or is it nesseary?
raver520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 11:37 AM   #43
NiLuJe
BLAM!

The snapshots have since been updated, so, assuming you used that and not an old bridge/hotfix you had laying around, you're good to go.
Old 03-18-2020, 12:24 PM   #44
raver520
raver520 began at the beginning.

Device: kpw3
Ok.thanks a lot Niluje
raver520 is offline   Reply With Quote