Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-03-2019, 07:14 AM   #1
ghostdad
ghostdad began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10
Amazon replacing book covers on Kindle PW

So it seems when I upload my ebooks with the correct metadata, the amazon store recognizes my book and replaces my custom Calibre covers with the kindle store artwork. Is there any way to turn this off? I'm using a current gen paperwhite.
ghostdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 07:19 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostdad View Post
So it seems when I upload my ebooks with the correct metadata, the amazon store recognizes my book and replaces my custom Calibre covers with the kindle store artwork. Is there any way to turn this off? I'm using a current gen paperwhite.
If you include a valid ASIN in the metadata, it's quite likely that this will happen.

The only way to prevent it is to upload in plain old MOBI format (not the joint MOBI/AZW3 format), and make sure there isn't a valid ASIN in the metadata.

You book will appear in your account as a document, not a book, but it should have your custom cover.

At least, that's my understanding of the situation.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2019, 06:44 PM   #3
ghostdad
ghostdad began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10
Thank you for the information!
ghostdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 07:24 PM   #4
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
what I hate is when the original art gets replaced by an image from a movie
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote