Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-09-2017, 01:58 PM   #1
Jean-V
Jean-V began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 9 or 13
Onyx Boox max VS onyx Boox n96 CML

Hello,

Well, I don't think there are a lot of competitors in the e-ink e-reader market for academics - the Sony digital paper dpt-s1 would have been perfect for me but now it's discontinued I have to find something else. And for the moment I feel that onyx Boox is the more mature provider for my needs :-p

To make a long story short, I am searching for a e-ink device with pdf annotations and highlights capacities.
The ideal device should also be able to export easily notes (or allow me to export the pdf with embedded notes). To rephrase it, I do not want my notes to be locked in the device.

Which device is the best for scribbling on an e-ink screen and reading pdf and exporting notes? Boox max or onyx Boox n96 CML?
Thanks in advance,
Jean
Jean-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 03:25 AM   #2
stevenam
stevenam began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Jean,

I don't own Onyx Boox, but still watching theme closely on Taobao. The CML version is definitely good in size/weight performance. Since it runs on Android, I guess you have much more choice on PDF readers that can satisfy your needs.

The Max version of 13.3 inches is definitely sexy on sizes, but the price is not that great though.
stevenam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2017, 04:25 AM   #3
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
The Onyx Boox Max is obviously better for PDFs because of it's increase size.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 02:08 AM   #4
Jean-V
Jean-V began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 9 or 13
I finally just bought the max. I feel that the latest update sold it for me. Can't wait to receive this e-reader!
Jean-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 04:34 AM   #5
SnowRipple
Zealot
SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Note Pro
We are very interested in your impressions!

Personally I would go for n96 cml, I am an academic and 9.7 is more thatn enough for pdfs. Previously I had m92 and was happy with it, but i wished it had capacitive touchscreen, when you are doing annotations, zooms (especially zooms) and highlights it is much easier to do it with fingers.

Frontlight is nice too, makes the backbground look whiter.

Try Max with a bluetooth keyboard, I wonder how responsive it is, I wonder would it work as a second monitor well. Someone wrote that Max refresh in 16 grayscales is better than Dasung's paperlike!
SnowRipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2017, 05:42 AM   #6
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle DXG, Onyx Boox Max1, Max2, Nova, Hisense A5 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-V View Post
I finally just bought the max. I feel that the latest update sold it for me. Can't wait to receive this e-reader!
Wise choice. 13.3 is much better than 9.7 for scanned pdf files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowRipple View Post
Try Max with a bluetooth keyboard, I wonder how responsive it is, I wonder would it work as a second monitor well. Someone wrote that Max refresh in 16 grayscales is better than Dasung's paperlike!
Typing on an e-ink tablet Boox Max with BT keyboard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHDZh18zwvE
cqman is offline   Reply With Quote