Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-15-2016, 11:58 AM   #61
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by owly View Post
A lighter version of the H2O with a higher resolution screen and better lighting would be sweet.
Trust me when I say you don't want any higher resolution than the H2O already has. A lot of graphics in eBooks are already too small to see properly and if you go higher resolution, it makes graphics even more of an issue.

I am reading Red Mars and there are a few graphic images with words and I cannot read most of the words because the graphics are too small.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 12:40 PM   #62
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Trust me when I say you don't want any higher resolution than the H2O already has. A lot of graphics in eBooks are already too small to see properly and if you go higher resolution, it makes graphics even more of an issue.

I am reading Red Mars and there are a few graphic images with words and I cannot read most of the words because the graphics are too small.
That's why being able to double-tap (or long press) on an image to zoom in is a wonderful feature.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2016, 01:19 PM   #63
Cosimo
Groupie
Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I've gotten used to the "flappy-tab-thingy". I close the main part and give a little flick the close the "flappy-tab-thingy". I'm so used to it, that I find myself giving that little flick when close the Aura H2O.
It's functional and only mildly annoying while reading. The aesthetics, however, give me hives.
Cosimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 02:31 PM   #64
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
I'm a bit sad that the Goodereader people posted about it because it almost certainly means that it's not true. They certainly didn't see this new Kindle coming! Anyways, I'm hoping that they do have something up their sleeve.
It's probably just another rumor they invented, just like the Kindle Voyage and basic Kindle rumor from last year.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 03:10 PM   #65
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
I have no need for a new Kobo... I love my H2O. But I'd like to see Kobo come out with a new iMX-7 dual based e-reader, just because it would show up the Kindle folks. :-P
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2016, 04:14 PM   #66
Cosimo
Groupie
Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post
I have no need for a new Kobo...
Nor me, but it's never been reason enough to stop me from getting one.
Cosimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 11:52 PM   #67
Joyful
Connoisseur
Joyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmosJoyful has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kobo
I was in Chapters today and happened to ask if there might be a new Kobo coming.
She replied that indeed there was one coming, that she had just received an email to that effect.
She was short on details but did say it would be thinner and she thought it would be sized in between the Aura and the H2O. (??)
She also couldn't give me a date.
So, according to her one is coming...details unkown.

But whether that was an official email from Chapters to it's employees or a rumour email between employees I don't know.

Joyful
Joyful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 10:38 AM   #68
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Exciting! I may just drop by a Chapters today to see if I can get any intell...
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 11:16 AM   #69
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
It's probably just another rumor they invented, just like the Kindle Voyage and basic Kindle rumor from last year.
They would never do something like that now, would they?

doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 04:18 PM   #70
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
A 300dpi version of the Aura with the same flush front would be perfect for me. A slightly taller screen would be OK, but not essential.

As luck (?) would have it my Aura's battery is going after 2+ years daily reading, so I'm hoping for a worthy replacement...
chrisridd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 05:01 PM   #71
howyoudoin
how YOU doin?
howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro 10.5”, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Does yours have bad lighting? Mine looks great. I wouldn't mind temperature-adjustable lighting, though.
Temperature adjustable lighting actually sounds like a brilliant idea to me.

A bluer temperature for low light daytime reading and a warmer tone for bed time reading.
howyoudoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 08:38 PM   #72
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
I'd also like to see temperature control added.

And I agree the lighting is bright enough and nicely even across the screen. Even with the tweaks I've made to decrease the margins the light exceeds the edges of text. And while I could shrink the margins a little more, text on the top would run the risk of getting tall letters cut off, and the sides would be right against the bezel.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 10:19 PM   #73
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
A 300dpi version of the Aura with the same flush front would be perfect for me. A slightly taller screen would be OK, but not essential.

As luck (?) would have it my Aura's battery is going after 2+ years daily reading, so I'm hoping for a worthy replacement...
Do you mean the Aura H2O?

I ask because we have a 300dpi version of the 6" Kobo Aura. It's called the Kobo Glo HD.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 10:27 PM   #74
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Do you mean the Aura H2O?

I ask because we have a 300dpi version of the 6" Kobo Aura. It's called the Kobo Glo HD.
chrisridd said "with the same flush front ". Neither the H2O nor the Glo HD have the flush front of the Aura.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 02:46 AM   #75
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
chrisridd said "with the same flush front ". Neither the H2O nor the Glo HD have the flush front of the Aura.
Yes, I do mean the Aura. I dislike the ridge between the bezel and the screen - my old Sony PRS-T1 had one and it irritated me - so neither the Glo HD or the H2O are ideal upgrades for me.

Last edited by chrisridd; 04-17-2016 at 04:33 AM.
chrisridd is online now   Reply With Quote