Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-24-2019, 12:17 AM   #301
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
6) When you receive your new Kindle, do not connect it to Wi-Fi yet. So Kindle will not load ads yet, i.e. it will be in a conditional 'ad-free state'. At least my PW3 was such.
Same experience with my PW3s and PW4s. Special Offers status was only set after registration with Amazon.

I think for the PW2, though, it may have been preset on the device.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 05:26 PM   #302
arooni
Addict
arooni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
Quote:
@arooni,
e-mail address), chess, Leafpadh.
for these two readsons alone I think it'd be worth it. would love to play chess anywhere I find my kindle (and enjoy its long battery life).

how come I didn't see these apps pagethis page?

Is there an index/list of apps that can run on the paperwhite 4 somewhere?

Last edited by arooni; 01-24-2019 at 05:29 PM.
arooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 06:22 PM   #303
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by arooni View Post
for these two readsons alone I think it'd be worth it. would love to play chess anywhere I find my kindle (and enjoy its long battery life).

how come I didn't see these apps pagethis page?

Is there an index/list of apps that can run on the paperwhite 4 somewhere?
No, too soon.
But ...
ANY touch screen add-in should work, with a few exceptions due to changes in the file system implementation (PW4 and KOA2 are changed).

For instantace, "Rescue Pack" and "Cowards Rescue Pack" will not work (they depend on the Kindle being dual-boot and the PW4/KOA2 are not dual-boot - those are what I (and others) call the "Androidized" Kindle models).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 08:32 PM   #304
arooni
Addict

anyway to get pocket/instapaper integration into koreader? would be great if i could read all my pocket/instapaper documents later with koreader. this was the only thing that I felt the kobo reader offered that the kindle did not
Old 01-24-2019, 08:42 PM   #305
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
anyway to get pocket/instapaper integration into koreader? would be great if i could read all my pocket/instapaper documents later with koreader. this was the only thing that I felt the kobo reader offered that the kindle did not
Check out the built-in Wallabag plugin in KOReader. I believe Wallabag allows importing from both Pocket and Instapaper.
Old 01-25-2019, 08:58 PM   #306
arooni
Addict

Quote:
@arooni,
Congrats!

1) Yes. Just to play safe, do not update until you see news on that firmware somewhere here.
2) Most probably it is safe to move to 5.10.2 as long as you don't screw too many things up on your current Kindle before update. Do backup anyway.
3).
So when it comes to doing a software update would I just download the version from Amazon's site ? It seems like you want to avoid OTA updates.
Old 01-25-2019, 09:08 PM   #307
arooni
Addict

Has anyone who's jailbroken successfully updated to 5.10.2?
Old 01-25-2019, 11:36 PM   #308
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
So when it comes to doing a software update would I just download the version from Amazon's site ? It seems like you want to avoid OTA updates.
They are the identical update files.
What is being avoided is the surprise element to OTA updates, not the update itself.
Each user might have their own, very good, reason(s) for wanting to know exactly when an update will be done (as in, when someone else has tested its functional changes).
Old 01-26-2019, 12:00 AM   #309
Sol Arkite
Zealot
Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: KV; PW3 ; PW2 ; k5; KT2
Quote:
Has anyone who's jailbroken successfully updated to 5.10.2?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=314272
Sol Arkite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 09:05 PM   #310
arooni
Addict

everything worked great!

this KUAL and MRPI is great!

questions:
1) anyway to get KUAL to show up without me searching for it? i.e. showing in the recent directory?
2) is KOReader a different extension / install process than MRPI packages? thanks!
Old 01-26-2019, 09:20 PM   #311
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
questions:
1) anyway to get KUAL to show up without me searching for it? i.e. showing in the recent directory?
2) is KOReader a different extension / install process than MRPI packages? thanks!
1) Add it to a collection named _Apps or something so it shows on first page
2) It's a KUAL add-on so install for KOReader is just the same as how you installed MRPI itself (basically just unzip to Kindle root)
Old 01-27-2019, 04:41 PM   #312
arooni
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
1) Add it to a collection named _Apps or something so it shows on first page
2) It's a KUAL add-on so install for KOReader is just the same as how you installed MRPI itself (basically just unzip to Kindle root)
what's weird is i can find it. but i can't seem to add it to a collection, probably because i already have 1200 items. if i find it in the search results, i can't seem to hold it down and select 'add to collections'

and if i try to sort by recent it doesn't seem to appear as a recent document. not sure how you're saying to do that.

*edit* i think i found it and added it to a collection manually.

Last edited by arooni; 01-27-2019 at 04:45 PM.
Old 01-27-2019, 05:18 PM   #313
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
what's weird is i can find it. but i can't seem to add it to a collection, probably because i already have 1200 items. if i find it in the search results, i can't seem to hold it down and select 'add to collections'

and if i try to sort by recent it doesn't seem to appear as a recent document. not sure how you're saying to do that.

*edit* i think i found it and added it to a collection manually.
This morning, the Bump KUAL extension was released.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=314700

It bumps KUAL to the top of the recent view.

It requires that python be installed
See the python 2.7 link under
Packages targeting the Kindle 5 (Touch/PW1/PW2/KT2/KV/PW3/KOA/KT3/KOA2/PW4):
in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 05:49 PM   #314
arooni
Addict

i can install most every package and they all work as far as i can tell... but when i hit eboard chess it just draws the screen blank and then takes me back to my main library view.

was really hoping to get chess working :\
Old 01-27-2019, 08:37 PM   #315
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
i can install most every package and they all work as far as i can tell... but when i hit eboard chess it just draws the screen blank and then takes me back to my main library view.

was really hoping to get chess working :\
Just for completeness - in one spot - would you repeat the device and firmware version on which you are finding this problem. Also mention if the firmware version is a customer use build or the factory use build please.
A link to the copy of "eboard chess" you are testing will also help others reproduce your problem (a first step in getting it fixed).

And if it is an "active document" you are probably S.O.L.

Last edited by knc1; 01-27-2019 at 08:40 PM.

Tags
jailbreak, pw4