Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-18-2022, 12:23 AM   #1
jck
jck began at the beginning.

Device: none
Mobi to Calibre to Amazon

I have gotten books in Mobi format (non-DRM), added them to Calibre, edited the Metadata, then sent to Amazon to load in my Kindles or Kindle apps since I read on several devices. BUT....since August,'22...
With Amazon no longer dealing with Mobi, I'm lost. I've re-converted about 2 dozen books I've gotten since the change at Amazon to epub format using Calibre. When I sent them to Amazon I got an automatic message that it wouldn't accept Mobi files.

I had assumed that Calibre converting to a different format meant the file in the Calibre Library was changed from .mobi to .epub so that it would be accepted by Amazon. Since all the .mobi files bounce back from Amazon, I'm stuck. I can't go back to some of the sources to re-load them in a different format. Can anyone help me with this? Am I doing something wrong on Calibre that always saves them as .mobi?
jck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 12:56 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Preferences->Sharing by email and change the formats to be emailed to your kindle account removing mobi and adding epub.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2022, 05:44 PM   #3
uncletoma
Connoisseur
uncletoma doesn't litteruncletoma doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW3
I hope AZW3 asap, because it's the Amazon file format, and Amazon doesn't allow to send it via mail, crap :/

Last edited by uncletoma; 10-02-2022 at 05:56 PM.
uncletoma is offline   Reply With Quote