Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-06-2022, 11:04 AM   #61
jonathan2022
Connoisseur
jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android
Or newer titles post August wont be supported on old kindles. To force people to use there new drm
jonathan2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 01:07 PM   #62
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
I suspect the store will require some web browsing bells and whistles (for no good reason) that the browsers on the older devices don't support.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2022, 09:35 PM   #63
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
I suspect the store will require some web browsing bells and whistles (for no good reason) that the browsers on the older devices don't support.
Most likely the security protocols that will be needed after August are not supported in the older firmware and Amazon is unlikely to issue a new firmware version to support those protocols. Why encourage them to keep using those older devices when they could be buying new ones?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 01:31 AM   #64
Keybounce
Enthusiast
Keybounce began at the beginning.

Device: kindle (various)
My 4th gen kindle can't access the special offers, can't browse anything with the browser (in both cases, it seems to be a security/https connection issue, possibly related to the root that expired back in ... may? june?), and yet, oddly, I can get recommendations after finishing a book, and get samples from those recommendations.

So, I'm going to lose a little, but ... what am I losing? Almost all of it doesn't work already.

I've got both a 3rd (keyboard, currently dead) and 4th (buttons, not touch screen) on my account, and I too have not received that email.
Keybounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 04:21 AM   #65
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan2022 View Post
Or newer titles post August wont be supported on old kindles. To force people to use there new drm
Amazon is still going to support older Kindles in that Mobi will still be available. It just means that you won't be able to sync to download these eBooks. You will need to download with your web browser.

The thing I am not sure of is if KindleforPC or MAC will be able to download Mobi for those older Kindles.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2022, 12:58 PM   #66
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Amazon is still going to support older Kindles in that Mobi will still be available. It just means that you won't be able to sync to download these eBooks. You will need to download with your web browser.
Amazon has said that you’ll still be able to sync the devices to download content.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 02:10 PM   #67
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Amazon has said that you’ll still be able to sync the devices to download content.
Thank you for the correction.
Old 07-29-2022, 01:56 PM   #68
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Visit amazon.com/ebooks in a browser on your phone,

That is a Lie! I have not been able to use my phone foe Any Shopping at Amazon! When this computer crashes or my health fails even more, I won't have access to amazon...
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 02:26 PM   #69
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post

That is a Lie! I have not been able to use my phone foe Any Shopping at Amazon! When this computer crashes or my health fails even more, I won't have access to amazon...
Use a browser, not the Amazon app. I had to remove the Amazon shopping app from my phone, because it always defaulted to it.

I use the Safari browser on all of my iDevices, phone included, and have no trouble shopping on Amazon.

Editing to add...the Amazon shopping app can't be used for buying Kindle books. You must use a browser. It may work fine for tangible items, but I removed it from my iPhone because of the Kindle book limitation.

Last edited by Deskisamess; 07-29-2022 at 03:10 PM.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 03:02 PM   #70
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:

Sorry but https://amazon.ca/ebooks works on both my iPhone and Android tablet using Safari, Firefox or Edge. Chrome has been iffy on and off but that is hardly news and I don't bother testing with it anymore. The amazon.com version also connects but I can't do with ebooks since Amazon will only show me items that can ship to Canada.

iPhone is on 15.6 while the Android tablet is on Android 10.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 03:02 PM   #71
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I find nothing wring with the Amazon app for iOS.
Old 07-30-2022, 02:53 PM   #72
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Use a browser, not the Amazon app. I had to remove the Amazon shopping app from my phone, because it always defaulted to it.

I use the Safari browser on all of my iDevices, phone included, and have no trouble shopping on Amazon.

Editing to add...the Amazon shopping app can't be used for buying Kindle books. You must use a browser. It may work fine for tangible items, but I removed it from my iPhone because of the Kindle book limitation.
I do use a browser MSN ... Edge same as on my PC But on the phone ordering Does not work.
Old 07-30-2022, 02:56 PM   #73
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Sorry but https://amazon.ca/ebooks works on both my iPhone and Android tablet using Safari, Firefox or Edge. Chrome has been iffy on and off but that is hardly news and I don't bother testing with it anymore. The amazon.com version also connects but I can't do with ebooks since Amazon will only show me items that can ship to Canada.

iPhone is on 15.6 while the Android tablet is on Android 10.
I use Edge ...No apps except Kindle & I can't order ebooks thru it either.
Old 07-30-2022, 03:04 PM   #74
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Quote:
I do use a browser MSN ... Edge same as on my PC But on the phone ordering Does not work.
Do you get some kind of error message? Is the "Buy Now" or "Order Now" or whatever that button is labeled (I forget) not show up? Can you be more specific on what "Does not work" means? The last thing any retailer wants to do is make it more difficult, or impossible, for a customer to place an order. They want the exact opposite. Your issue may just be some setting that you accidentally got messed up (like adding a "script blocker" extension to your browser, or something like that).
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 03:39 AM   #75
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

There is No Error message. When I click Buy Now ... It pops up can't buy thru the kindle app or Amazon thru the Edge app. Says I have to go to my PC to complete this order! Doesn't matter what I trying to order!