Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-11-2010, 11:40 AM   #1
Molson1020
Molson1020 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Just bought a Nook and my first book, but a quick question...

So after waiting a week and a half for my B&N store to get their wifi nooks in, I finally was able to snag one yesterday. Like everyone else, I really do love it!

I also bought my first eBook from B&N as well, "Sideways" (since I love the movie so much). One thing though, it's amazing how many typos, spacing issues, and character mishaps there are in the eBook (at least one mistake every other page).

Are all eBooks like this, and you just accept that they aren't converted properly, or is it maybe just an issue with this one book?
Molson1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:50 AM   #2
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molson1020 View Post
So after waiting a week and a half for my B&N store to get their wifi nooks in, I finally was able to snag one yesterday. Like everyone else, I really do love it!

I also bought my first eBook from B&N as well, "Sideways" (since I love the movie so much). One thing though, it's amazing how many typos, spacing issues, and character mishaps there are in the eBook (at least one mistake every other page).

Are all eBooks like this, and you just accept that they aren't converted properly, or is it maybe just an issue with this one book?
Not all books are like that, but it is an issue with some. There's a post somewhere on the board where people have been listing the worst offenders.
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2010, 12:39 PM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Molson. Problem is that many publishers with huge catalogues quickly churn out ebooks from what they innocently think is a perfect PDF (made the same mistake myself at first). They don't realise yet that the PDF is for print only when put together and there are occult errors that will show in up other ebook formats. If you want to see how it should be done, pop into the bookstore section of my own website (link below) and email me with a title or two that catch your eye and your preferred format. We'll send you the book/s with our compliments and show you how it should be done. Very best. Happy Nooking. Neil (ntmarrATbewrite.net [but use the @ sign])
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote