Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-25-2013, 05:21 AM   #1
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
PocketBook Color review

Review of the Pocketbook Color Lux eReader
By Michael Kozlowski

http://goodereader.com/blog/electron...r-lux-ereader/

Last edited by joblack; 07-25-2013 at 05:24 AM.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:20 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
The review is pretty scathing about the PDF performance and blames the hardware. I remember earlier versions of the PB Pro firmwares having a similar problem at chapter and section changes, and they eventually got that fixed in later firmware updates. So, I suspect that it's a software problem rather than hardware.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2013, 07:08 PM   #3
porga
Connoisseur
porga began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 912 Pro
Why they did not make it 9.7 inch? Why, why, why....
porga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:20 PM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porga View Post
Why they did not make it 9.7 inch? Why, why, why....
Maybe the 'lux' layer over top of the display can't spread the light evenly over screens that large.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:08 PM   #5
porga
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Maybe the 'lux' layer over top of the display can't spread the light evenly over screens that large.
maybe. And resolution is 800x600 only. Hmm, we have to wait for next generation of e-ink color devices, I think.
Advert
Old 11-20-2013, 04:27 PM   #6
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by porga View Post
maybe. And resolution is 800x600 only. Hmm, we have to wait for next generation of e-ink color devices, I think.
One colour pixel is made up of a 2x2 array of black and white pixels (with colour filters over top). So the 800x600 colour display uses a 1600x1200 black and white display underneath, which is about as good as it gets today. I don't think there will be any big increases in colour resolution anytime soon.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #7
porga
Connoisseur

I was comparing it with PB 912 resolution.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:41 PM   #8
porga
Connoisseur

Would all apps for PB912 work on this Color version? Comic book reader etc? Does software has some improvements? Like remove white borders on PDFs?
Old 11-20-2013, 04:49 PM   #9
rkomar
Wizard

The comic book reader currently converts all images to grayscale, so it doesn't work as well as it should on the Colour Lux. I mean to fix that some day, but it's a big job, and I've been putting it off. As for the rest, I'll leave it to someone who owns the device to comment on it.