Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-17-2007, 08:25 AM   #16
dhcalva
Enthusiast
dhcalva began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I have to admit I was a bit upset at first that I got the black cover. Buuuut... After using it for a few days and the spine softening up a bit I find that it folds nearly perfectly in half and that I can tuck the strap in backwards, giving the entire thing about the same thickness as a small paperback. Not bad what so ever.

Also, folded like that, my right hand naturally slips between the two covers and my thumb rests near the controls when reading. It seems to work out rather well in my opinion.

I also suppose the SD card slots could be handy for people with multiple cards... and perhaps put a thin notepad (Or a few pieces of paper anyway) in the other pocket, and of course then you'd need a pen. So the additions could turn out to be useful.
dhcalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 11:40 AM   #17
fugsly
living dead girl
fugsly began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
I'd be to scared to put anything in the pockets in case they scratched the screen.

Even if the notepad was so thin and small that it was completely covered by the wee pocket I'd still not chance it. I'm also thinking of buying a small electronic shock device for people who handle my cybook and go to touch the screen.
fugsly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2007, 11:43 AM   #18
fugsly
living dead girl
fugsly began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
oh, and to answer the original post

Also dissapointed by the lack of customer support / feedback and will be contacting them about it, although the black is fine I would still prefer the brown. An email and maybe a small discount / voucher would have made the situation perfectly fine. the point (as others have said) is just sending something that I didn't order without bothering to let me know.
fugsly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 04:51 PM   #19
SandySchwab
Mad Author
SandySchwab began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
I've just got an e-mail from Bookeen about the cover switch: they had run out of brown covers and didn't think anybody would mind the black cover because that one is more expensive. But they're going to replace it if I want to. Well, that's something at least.

Still, they really need to work on better informing their customers -- and thus keeping them happy...
SandySchwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 05:19 PM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
But the issue I see is Bookeen running out of covers and sending a coverless Gen3. It's not a good idea to port the gen3 around without a cover. I would never put any eink reader in my bag without a cover.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2007, 12:05 AM   #21
dcalder
Zealot
dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.dcalder knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS-300/Kindle Keyboard/iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But the issue I see is Bookeen running out of covers and sending a coverless Gen3. It's not a good idea to port the gen3 around without a cover. I would never put any eink reader in my bag without a cover.
Considering that the regular Cybook doesn't include a cover - only the Deluxe does - I don't see an issue with sending a coverless Gen3. There's plenty of options that can be taken as temporary protective measures. I know that I would far rather receive my Cybook before Christmas, sans cover, than have them hold it until they get more stock of covers in, sometime in early 2008.

Though that may be a moot point, as I've still not received a Fedex email, despite the originally-promised December 14th-18th shipping date. The current notice at the Bookeen shop could be interpreted to include existing orders as well as new ones, unfortunately. If that's the case, I may end up seriously regretting my decision to go with the Gen3 instead of the Sony. At least the Sony was in stock and promising immediate shipment with probable 2-3 day delivery when I looked into ordering it.
dcalder is offline   Reply With Quote