Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-16-2011, 07:15 AM   #1
jackhulk
Connoisseur
jackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: K3 3G
Exclamation How to list collection in descending order?

Hello

Just received my Kindle 3 and loving it, however I am already a bit frustrated. Using a plug-in I've created my first collection (Harry Potter) and while the books are ordered correctly on Kindle, they are ascending, but I would like them to be descending?

I searched forum and found a number of people saying it all depends on the order with-in Calibre when sending books to device, however no matter what I try I cannot get this collection to show as descending on Kindle?

Advice please?

Last edited by jackhulk; 10-16-2011 at 08:02 AM.
jackhulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:30 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhulk View Post
Advise please?
I don't have a Kindle, but my advice is to be patient for an answer and not spam the same question to multiple threads. You posted essentially the same question an hour ago in the proper thread to get an answer to this question.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2011, 08:07 AM   #3
jackhulk
Connoisseur
jackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Sorry, got my first ever Kindle, new here and a little keen to get going. I posted here also as wasn't sure if the problem I have is related to the actual collection plug-in, calibre, Kindle or just me being dim .
Old 10-16-2011, 11:00 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Interesting - this is the first time I can remember anyone wanting a series listed in reverse order.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:13 AM   #5
jackhulk
Connoisseur

Really? That surprises me.

I just want series listed from top of screen (first book), to bottom of screen (last book in series), so descending. There are others that wanted the same but the only way they managed to get around it is by editing publish date, so first book has the newest publish date and last book has oldest publish date (in effect reversing order displayed), but I was hoping there was a better way as would like to keep the correct publish date.

Last edited by jackhulk; 10-16-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Advert
Old 10-16-2011, 11:30 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Really? That surprises me.

I just want series listed from top of screen (first book), to bottom of screen (last book in series), so descending. There are others that wanted the same but the only way they managed to get around it is by editing publish date, so first book has the newest publish date and last book has oldest publish date (in effect reversing order displayed), but I was hoping there was a better way as would like to keep the correct publish date.
That is Ascending order. Screen direction has nothing to do

10, 9, 8, 7,6,5,4,3,2,1 is Descending order
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:44 AM   #7
jackhulk
Connoisseur

Ok sorry.

At present it lists series as...

Book 3
Book 2
Book 1

... I would just like to list series as follows...

Book 1
Book 2
Book 3
Old 10-16-2011, 12:58 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Ok sorry.

At present it lists series as...

Book 3
Book 2
Book 1

... I would just like to list series as follows...

Book 1
Book 2
Book 3
Where are you seeing this?
Clicking any column, causes it to sort.
Clicking it again, sorts the other direction.
Note: clicking a different column, will leave the tied value biased to the previous sort
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:12 PM   #9
jackhulk
Connoisseur

Not within calibre, but on my actual Kindle.

Tags
calibre, descending, order