Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-23-2021, 01:43 AM   #43216
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 4
I've been trying to lose weight since September. I did well for five weeks, losing almost 4kg. But I didn't feel I was making any progress since. I last weighed myself in early November. This morning I bit the bullet and got on the scales. I was wrong. I lost another 6kg since!

No more feeling guilty about the occasional evening snack!
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 10:08 PM   #43217
wildhoney66
Connoisseur
wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wildhoney66 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: amazon Fire Kindle 6
my weight is up too i need to change my eating habits i also need to cut back on my pop intake too my sugar intake needs to be less to
wildhoney66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 06:11 PM   #43218
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 4
Doing a Covid home test. I've developed an annoying almost cough. The cough I typically get when my acid reflux is acting up again. Which is has since I've been in the hospital. But it's better to be safe than sorry.

It's negative. So for now I'm going back on stronger acid reflux meds and hopefully the almost cough clears within a couple days.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 08:24 AM   #43219
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Putting out fires all over the place. I swear, every time I open a new folder or email, there is a fresh crisis waiting for me. Eventually this new position will calm down some, but not anytime soon, it seems.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 10:58 AM   #43220
poohbear_nc
Now What?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Going a little stir crazy - I normally walk at least 3 miles a day but yesterday's ice storm has glazed everything and it's not safe to go out yet. I have an exercise bike but it's just not the same.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 09:58 PM   #43221
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Going a little stir crazy - I normally walk at least 3 miles a day but yesterday's ice storm has glazed everything and it's not safe to go out yet. I have an exercise bike but it's just not the same.
Get a Waterrower. I luv mine. (I still have my nearly-40-y.o. wooden NordicTrak X-country skiing machine, but the flywheel wore out and I can't get parts for it. (sigh and sob). The newfangled ones just ain't the same.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 03:47 AM   #43222
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
Just spending a half hour on various Fora that I belong to, prior to visiting an aged Aunt and Uncle who live fairly local to me.
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 02:10 PM   #43223
poohbear_nc
Now What?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yea! Sunny today and back outside walking.

@Hitch - thanks for the recommendation ... back when I was a gym rat I loved using the flywheel rowing machines - great to cool down on and stretch out after lifting weights
Old 01-18-2022, 03:03 PM   #43224
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yea! Sunny today and back outside walking.

@Hitch - thanks for the recommendation ... back when I was a gym rat I loved using the flywheel rowing machines - great to cool down on and stretch out after lifting weights
Pooh:

Oh, well, the WaterRower has actual WATER in it. To Wit: https://www.waterrower.com/ . If memory serves, I have the natural. I prefer the HoneyOak look. Might be the Oxbridge--honestly, it's been...10 years or so since I got mine? Before you ask, nope, I've never had to change the water. We followed the actual instructions (shocking, I know) with distilled water and a purification tablet and all these years later, it's still clear as a bell.

I love mine; I love listening to the swish (if you ever sculled....). It's not as endlessly adjustable as some of its competitors--if you want to strain yourself, you just row faster, lol, but I can't complain. Very quiet, very soothing. I have a spare iPad that I slap up on a custom desk, made for WR, (they discontinued the laptop stand, sadly,
sniffle) with something behind it to stand it up, and I put on 1hr+ rowing videos, from the perspective of the rower...and off I go. They're not cheap, I shan't pretend that they are, but damn. If you're not competing with others, but only keeping yourself fit, and you have trouble distracting an active brain long enough to do the aerobic stuff, then I love my WR.

They have new software, since I bought mine. I've used the Coxwain and a private app from another guy. I hook the heartrate monitor to my phone...anyway, that part isn't the important part.

PLUS...if you're (cough) a bit older (GOD I NEVER THOUGHT I'D UTTER THAT SENTENCE), it's easy on your ankles, knees, hipjoints (ouuuchchchch!), shoulders/delts, and all that.

Hitch
Old 01-18-2022, 03:13 PM   #43225
poohbear_nc
Now What?

Quote:
PLUS...if you're (cough) a bit older (GOD I NEVER THOUGHT I'D UTTER THAT SENTENCE), it's easy on your ankles, knees, hipjoints (ouuuchchchch!), shoulders/delts, and all that.
Thanks for your 'tactful' concern - yeah, I am a bit older and sore/delicate joints can really screw things up.
Old 01-18-2022, 03:26 PM   #43226
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Get a Waterrower. I luv mine. (I still have my nearly-40-y.o. wooden NordicTrak X-country skiing machine, but the flywheel wore out and I can't get parts for it. (sigh and sob). The newfangled ones just ain't the same.

Hitch
I have been using a concept2 for decades. Its a flywheel, not a water wheel. However, no need to change or clean a water tank. I love the onboard computer that supports USB memory as well as the concept2 community.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 12:23 PM   #43227
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I have been using a concept2 for decades. Its a flywheel, not a water wheel. However, no need to change or clean a water tank. I love the onboard computer that supports USB memory as well as the concept2 community.
I know you do, and I have mad respect for Concept2 users/rowers. I simply happen to prefer the Waterrower for my needs. I do want to add, for the record, that not once in 10 years have I had to change or clean the watertank. I used Distilled Water, as instructed, with one purification tablet and that's the exact same water that's in there today.

Hitch
Old 01-19-2022, 03:36 PM   #43228
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Thanks for your 'tactful' concern - yeah, I am a bit older and sore/delicate joints can really screw things up.
LOL, snookums...I was talking about my creaky stuff, not yours!

Hitch
Old 01-19-2022, 11:06 PM   #43229
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
LOL, snookums...I was talking about my creaky stuff, not yours!

Hitch
I was all set to put this on my Wish List - till I realized my newly arthritic HANDS may object to all the strain on them. Gripping a steering wheel for a 13 hour trip was a problem; I had to keep resting one hand or the other. I love canoeing, but I do remember hand issues being a problem there too.

I think I'd better try any rowing type machine in a gym for a bit, before I buy one!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 02:31 PM   #43230
poohbear_nc
Now What?

Went out to clear off the steps and cars and found the driveway filled with deer tracks - raided the corn in the squirrel feeder and the bird food ... put out extra corn for them

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?