Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-30-2016, 08:10 PM   #241
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Beta version -

Attached is a beta for some of the recent suggestions and problems. These are:
  • Kindle: Add second Spanish identifiers.
  • KoboTouch: Fix "Last Annotation" timestamp in import dialog
  • KoboTouch: Annotation timestamp now shown in local time

Unfortunately, I don't have a Kindle of any sort, so I can't test these changes. If someone can test this, that would be good.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Annotations-beta.zip (648.0 KB, 284 views)
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 08:15 PM   #242
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard.ryefield View Post
7200 on the device, more in the Calibre library
That's plenty of books and it isn't surprising it is taking a while. I'll have a look to see if I can speed it up. But, can you run in debug mode and post the log? This includes some timings, so I should be able to see where it is spending the most time.
Advert
Old 05-03-2016, 12:29 PM   #243
bernard.ryefield
Connoisseur
bernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Desktop, Kindle Desktop, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That's plenty of books and it isn't surprising it is taking a while. I'll have a look to see if I can speed it up. But, can you run in debug mode and post the log? This includes some timings, so I should be able to see where it is spending the most time.
Done! I stopped Calibre but the log is still usable I think.

Last edited by bernard.ryefield; 05-04-2016 at 06:22 AM.
bernard.ryefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:00 AM   #244
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I saw a log here earlier, but you removed it. Was there a problem?
Old 05-07-2016, 10:34 PM   #245
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I got the other copy of the log and had a look. The time taken is when the actual annotations are being read from the databases. I've had a look and I have an alternative way to do this, but, I'm not sure if it is any better. It's a few seconds better for me but, it only takes a total of about 40 seconds. It should be better than the existing method with lots of books on the device that are also in the calibre library and relatively few annotations.

I've also added some progress bars. This is mainly to show something is happening. There are four or five stages with different messages. I can't increment the bar in all stages, but it does for two of them.

Could you try the attached beta and tell me how long it takes? Another debug log would also be good to see the timing.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Annotations-beta.zip (658.6 KB, 299 views)
Advert
Old 05-08-2016, 10:01 AM   #246
naki
naki began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Good afternoon, thank you for making this very useful plugin even better.

I noticed that the plugin does not pull annotations when the corresponding book format is not in the Calibre Library. I keep all my books in the open format epub in Calibre, convert them to .azw3, copy them to the kindle and delete the .azw3 locally (no need to store two redundant formats, so I just keep the .epub).

But when the .azw3 is not in Calibre the plugin would not fetch annotations, even though the corresponding book is there (in .epub format). Is it possible to update the plugin in order to get annotations even if the stored format is different on the Kindle and in the Calibre Library?
naki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 03:40 PM   #247
bernard.ryefield
Connoisseur
bernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beautybernard.ryefield does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Could you try the attached beta and tell me how long it takes? Another debug log would also be good to see the timing.
Do I have to uninstall the regular plugin before?
Old 05-08-2016, 07:50 PM   #248
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Do I have to uninstall the regular plugin before?
No, just install this one. It automatically replaces the currently installed version.
Old 05-08-2016, 08:04 PM   #249
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by naki View Post
Good afternoon, thank you for making this very useful plugin even better.

I noticed that the plugin does not pull annotations when the corresponding book format is not in the Calibre Library. I keep all my books in the open format epub in Calibre, convert them to .azw3, copy them to the kindle and delete the .azw3 locally (no need to store two redundant formats, so I just keep the .epub).

But when the .azw3 is not in Calibre the plugin would not fetch annotations, even though the corresponding book is there (in .epub format). Is it possible to update the plugin in order to get annotations even if the stored format is different on the Kindle and in the Calibre Library?
I'll have to have a look at this. There is a little problem in you can have duplicate books in calibre with different formats. If someone does this, the current method means the annotations are stored against the correct book. But, that should be solvable.
Old 05-09-2016, 03:20 AM   #250
naki
naki began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
I'll have to have a look at this. There is a little problem in you can have duplicate books in calibre with different formats. If someone does this, the current method means the annotations are stored against the correct book. But, that should be solvable.
Ok, great, thanks!
naki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 10:14 AM   #251
bernard.ryefield
Connoisseur

Can I have a rough estimation of the duration on a 7200 books set? Given that a lot of the books are in PDF format (not the majority though) I wonder if they are treated and can I speed up the process by not including them in some way?
Old 05-22-2016, 08:40 PM   #252
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Can I have a rough estimation of the duration on a 7200 books set? Given that a lot of the books are in PDF format (not the majority though) I wonder if they are treated and can I speed up the process by not including them in some way?
Sorry, not really. I said earlier it was about 40 seconds for me. What I didn't say was how many books that was with or which device. It should have been with my Glo HD and about 2000 books, but that doesn't extrapolate out to the times you are seeing. I'll try and recheck tonight.

As another data point, when calibre connects to the device, how long do the two jobs take? One is to get the list of books, the other is a metadata job (can't think of the exact name).
Old 05-23-2016, 09:07 AM   #253
bernard.ryefield
Connoisseur

Quote:
As another data point, when calibre connects to the device, how long do the two jobs take? One is to get the list of books, the other is a metadata job (can't think of the exact name).
Reading book list from the device takes 4mn 51s at the moment. Sending metadata to the device: 1mn 8s. I hope this helps.
Old 05-23-2016, 09:50 AM   #254
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Reading book list from the device takes 4mn 51s at the moment. Sending metadata to the device: 1mn 8s. I hope this helps.
With over 7000 books, I would have expected the latter to be longer. It will depend on the options, but I am surprised it is so quick.

I checked my Glo HD tonight and it is less than a minute for about 2700 books on the device. But, I only have about 50 books with annotations at the moment.
Old 05-23-2016, 11:31 AM   #255
bernard.ryefield
Connoisseur

Quote:
With over 7000 books, I would have expected the latter to be longer. It will depend on the options, but I am surprised it is so quick.

I checked my Glo HD tonight and it is less than a minute for about 2700 books on the device. But, I only have about 50 books with annotations at the moment.
With 7300+ books now it should take under 3mn. Hence my remark about the PDFs above.

Edit:
Actually the first pass (Fetching annotations from device) spends 4mn, it's the second pass (Getting active annotations for KoboTouchExtended) that spends an undefined amount of time.
Also I don't get the message for the log file any more. Is it removed ?

Last edited by bernard.ryefield; 05-23-2016 at 01:14 PM.

Tags
sampleexportingapp