Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-19-2020, 04:09 PM   #556
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetchy View Post
On Kobo A1 has option to adjust backlight by swipe on the left side of screen.
Does it possible to create patch, that disallow decrease backlight level less then 2%?
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I don't completely understand what you're asking for here.
Currently, you can slide down the left edge to reduce the brightness to zero. @Vetchy would like to have it limited to reducing the brightness to 2%. I guess when you are reading in near complete darkness and turn the light off, it can be fun to turn it back on.

This one pops up now and then.

Last edited by DNSB; 08-19-2020 at 04:12 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 04:29 PM   #557
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielk1591 View Post
the problem appears on all epub and kepub that I read on my e-reader.
I import books with caliber.
I read mostly ePub. I have never seen the last line on the screen have a different line height to the rest of the lines.

Please post some photos showing this with ePub that you've downloaded from MR (here) and also show the problem with the same eBook converted to KePub. And make sure your Calibre is running the latest version and the plugins are all updated.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2020, 05:25 PM   #558
freshkilz
freshkilz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura, Kobo Touch
Hi, is it possible to create a patch to disable the computer detected pop up when plugged into a usb. My usb port is buggy and is only good for charging so the pop up waking my kobo up from sleep is a little annoying
freshkilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 05:30 PM   #559
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshkilz View Post
Hi, is it possible to create a patch to disable the computer detected pop up when plugged into a usb. My usb port is buggy and is only good for charging so the pop up waking my kobo up from sleep is a little annoying
You really do not want this. If you cannot click the connect button, you'll never be able to connect your Kobo to your computer. So really, this is not a good idea. And depending on what software you have running on your Kobo, you may never be able to undo this without a factory reset.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 05:39 PM   #560
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshkilz View Post
The only option I know of is the opposite to what you want. It will remove the popup and your Kobo will automatically connect to the computer/charger/whatever. It uses the following in Kobo eReader.conf.

Code:
[DeveloperSettings] 
AutoUsbGadget=true
Advert
Old 08-19-2020, 05:41 PM   #561
freshkilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You really do not want this. If you cannot click the connect button, you'll never be able to connect your Kobo to your computer. So really, this is not a good idea. And depending on what software you have running on your Kobo, you may never be able to undo this without a factory reset.
My usb port does not work for data transfer so that is no problem. I use sftp for all file transfer.
Old 08-19-2020, 05:51 PM   #562
freshkilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The only option I know of is the opposite to what you want. It will remove the popup and your Kobo will automatically connect to the computer/charger/whatever. It uses the following in Kobo eReader.conf.

Code:
[DeveloperSettings] 
AutoUsbGadget=true
I just tried this and it wakes up the kobo from sleep so the charge indicator light turns off
Old 08-20-2020, 01:20 AM   #563
danielk1591
danielk1591 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad X
Quote:
You can't remove the message. That's why you see messages that read <message deleted> or similar.

Can you do a screenshot showing the issue. It makes it a lot easier if we can see what is going on. Add Screenshots=true under the [FeatureSettings] heading in the .kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf file. If you don't find [FeatureSettings], you'll need to add both lines. Use a Unix EOL aware editor (I use Notepad++ under Windows).

[FeatureSettings]
Screenshots=true
the difference may vary from book to book
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_011.png
Views:	187
Size:	197.8 KB
ID:	181432   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_012.png
Views:	184
Size:	261.5 KB
ID:	181433  
danielk1591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 02:31 AM   #564
danielk1591

Quote:
You can't remove the message. That's why you see messages that read <message deleted> or similar.

Can you do a screenshot showing the issue. It makes it a lot easier if we can see what is going on. Add Screenshots=true under the [FeatureSettings] heading in the .kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf file. If you don't find [FeatureSettings], you'll need to add both lines. Use a Unix EOL aware editor (I use Notepad++ under Windows).

[FeatureSettings]
Screenshots=true
my answer with screenshot does not pass
Old 08-20-2020, 09:05 AM   #565
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
how to remove that damn duplicate message ?
Report it to a moderator using the button at the bottom left of the post and ask for the duplicate to be deleted.

Quote:
my answer with screenshot does not pass
I've approved your posts with screenshots. If you have posts going into auto-moderation, they should get approved as soon as a moderator notices. This will happen more quickly at some times of the day than others.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 12:31 PM   #566
danielk1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Report it to a moderator using the button at the bottom left of the post and ask for the duplicate to be deleted.

I've approved your posts with screenshots. If you have posts going into auto-moderation, they should get approved as soon as a moderator notices. This will happen more quickly at some times of the day than others.
I am not an English speaker and therefore it is complicated to intervene on the forum using an automatic translator. The translation is imperfect.
Old 08-20-2020, 12:39 PM   #567
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
I am not an English speaker and therefore it is complicated to intervene on the forum using an automatic translator. The translation is imperfect.
OK. You're doing well. If you need more help, please ask.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 12:57 PM   #568
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
the difference may vary from book to book
Basically that the heading in the chapter moves the lines down the page and so there is not the space at the bottom of the first page to insert another line.

In pbooks, they would play with the spacing between the lines but ebook renderers aren't that smart.

See the attached image for a visual.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	combo-lined.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	1,021.5 KB
ID:	181458  
Old 08-21-2020, 04:47 PM   #569
xppx99
xppx99 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD (broken); Kobo Forma
Quote:
Sorry, forgot about that one again. To replace Google with DuckDuckGo, you can replace the "https://www.google.com/search?safe=active" string in libnickel. To add another menu item, that would need to be done with a hook.
This would be perfect for my case, as I rarely use Google search, a I seldom find the need to translate a few words or a complete phrase.
Sorry, i've searched the "libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml" and I cant seem to find the "https://www.google.com/search?safe=active" string... Should I be able to add this instrucion on any other file? Thanks in advance.

Quote:
I've also been looking into the possibility of adding items to the selection menu and using the selected text as an argument for NickelMenu. It's doable, but I haven't decided if I'm going to add that feature to NM or not.
That would be great, but honestly, in my case, it's not needed when previous and simpler solution is working
xppx99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 06:04 AM   #570
ximmox
ximmox began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
You could use the Only show Pocket SmartLink patch in libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml to force the Home screen item at row3, col2 to always be Pocket.

There's no existing patch to change the function of the new Discover Nav button. According to his GitHub account @geek1011 is unavailable for a few weeks (except in emergencies).
I would love (!) the option to replace the unused Discover Tab in the new bottom bar with the Pocket Articles, too, just as @Vetchy asked for.

No hurry for anyone able to look into it (like @geek1011 who is unavailable currently), but it would be great to know, IF it seems doable at all.

For me the discover Tab is totally useless, I only need kepubs from Calibre and my Pocket articles.
ximmox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patches, patching, request, requests