Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-24-2020, 03:51 PM   #541
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
That would be possible once I find where that is handled. I'll look into it later.
Thanks!
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 02:51 PM   #542
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
A while ago, there were a few requests for supporting inverted rotation options in the allow rotation on all devices patch. At that time, I said it wouldn't be possible in a patch. These options will soon be available as part of NickelMenu.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2020, 08:34 PM   #543
Vetchy
Connoisseur
Vetchy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
On Kobo A1 has option to adjust backlight by swipe on the left side of screen.
Does it possible to create patch, that disallow decrease backlight level less then 2%?
Vetchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 01:31 AM   #544
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
Is it possible to add filters for OverDrive searching (like, only showing the available books)?
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 06:53 PM   #545
xppx99
xppx99 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD (broken); Kobo Forma
Hello geek1011,

Any news on the:
- _ DuckDuckGo search (NLT, xppx99):
---------WAITING

I dont meantto be pushy, it is just to have some kind of expectation management from my side

Thanks
xppx99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2020, 05:37 AM   #546
danielk1591
danielk1591 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad X
hello, the last line of the first page of the kepub paragraphs is not the same height as on the following pages. Is there a patch?
danielk1591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 09:12 AM   #547
Vetchy
Connoisseur

Does it possible to change Discovery item in bottom bar on new firmware (4.23.15505) to My Articles. I can't bought books in Kobo Store in my country and this shop unnecessary for me.
Old 08-19-2020, 10:19 AM   #548
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielk1591 View Post
hello, the last line of the first page of the kepub paragraphs is not the same height as on the following pages. Is there a patch?
That could be something with the eBook. You could post the CSS code and the code for the first page. Or you can use the scramble eBook plugin and post the scrambled eBook.

When you do this, please start a new thread.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 11:22 AM   #549
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetchy View Post
Does it possible to change Discovery item in bottom bar on new firmware (4.23.15505) to My Articles. I can't bought books in Kobo Store in my country and this shop unnecessary for me.
You could use the Only show Pocket SmartLink patch in libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml to force the Home screen item at row3, col2 to always be Pocket.

There's no existing patch to change the function of the new Discover Nav button. According to his GitHub account @geek1011 is unavailable for a few weeks (except in emergencies).
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 11:55 AM   #550
danielk1591

the problem appears on all epub and kepub that I read on my e-reader.
I import books with caliber.
Old 08-19-2020, 12:02 PM   #551
danielk1591

how to remove that damn duplicate message ?
Old 08-19-2020, 12:49 PM   #552
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
how to remove that damn duplicate message ?
You can't remove the message. That's why you see messages that read <message deleted> or similar.

Quote:
Can you do a screenshot showing the issue. It makes it a lot easier if we can see what is going on. Add Screenshots=true under the [FeatureSettings] heading in the .kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf file. If you don't find [FeatureSettings], you'll need to add both lines. Use a Unix EOL aware editor (I use Notepad++ under Windows).

[FeatureSettings]
Screenshots=true

Last edited by DNSB; 08-19-2020 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Added screenshot request
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 02:16 PM   #553
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetchy View Post
On Kobo A1 has option to adjust backlight by swipe on the left side of screen.
Does it possible to create patch, that disallow decrease backlight level less then 2%?
I don't completely understand what you're asking for here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektron View Post
Is it possible to add filters for OverDrive searching (like, only showing the available books)?
No, that's not possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xppx99 View Post
Hello geek1011,

Any news on the:
- _ DuckDuckGo search (NLT, xppx99):
---------WAITING

I dont meantto be pushy, it is just to have some kind of expectation management from my side

Thanks
Sorry, forgot about that one again. To replace Google with DuckDuckGo, you can replace the "https://www.google.com/search?safe=active" string in libnickel. To add another menu item, that would need to be done with a hook.

I've also been looking into the possibility of adding items to the selection menu and using the selected text as an argument for NickelMenu. It's doable, but I haven't decided if I'm going to add that feature to NM or not.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 02:22 PM   #554
danielk1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
You can't remove the message. That's why you see messages that read <message deleted> or similar.

Can you do a screenshot showing the issue. It makes it a lot easier if we can see what is going on. Add Screenshots=true under the [FeatureSettings] heading in the .kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf file. If you don't find [FeatureSettings], you'll need to add both lines. Use a Unix EOL aware editor (I use Notepad++ under Windows).

[FeatureSettings]
Screenshots=true
here and thank you for your help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_009.png
Views:	129
Size:	207.4 KB
ID:	181427   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_010.png
Views:	144
Size:	278.5 KB
ID:	181428  
Old 08-19-2020, 03:43 PM   #555
Vetchy
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I don't completely understand what you're asking for here.
Sorry of my English.
I'm mean, that reader has feature, allow adjust backlight by sliding on left side of the screen. But it have low accuracy. According to, I'm often switch off backlight and can't see anything. After it, I'm turn light in my room and correct backlight on reader.
If reader don't allow me decrease backlight lower than 2%, it exclude this situation.

Tags
kobopatch, patches, patching, request, requests