Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-27-2020, 12:56 AM   #466
poczynek
Zealot
poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Forma
Any progress on the auto rotate patch so it can stay in place your preferred way in portrait? Mine keeps on rotating upside down everytime i turn it on and if i slightly tilt it.
poczynek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 07:21 AM   #467
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
The new larger footnote pop-up in firmware 4.20.14601 doesn't really make sense when half of it or more stays empty. Would it be possible to get the old size back again with a patch, i.e. to adjust it to the size of the footnote text?
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2020, 09:08 AM   #468
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite3, Kobo aura one, kobo touch 2.0, Kobo Clara HD,Poke2
Patch possible (??)

Is it possible to write a patch that pressing on a word open rightly the full screen window of the pop up dictionary??
Maybe choosing if with the keyboard ready to type or not?!
Owl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 05:28 PM   #469
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
A version of Increase library cover size but for the Series tab in firmware 4.20+. It's a cool feature but I was trying to figure out why list view looked off to me, and I think it's because it's using the original thumbnail size rather than the larger one used in the My Books tab. Messes with my OCD, lol.
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 06:37 PM   #470
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtiangha View Post
A version of Increase library cover size but for the Series tab in firmware 4.20+. It's a cool feature but I was trying to figure out why list view looked off to me, and I think it's because it's using the original thumbnail size rather than the larger one used in the My Books tab. Messes with my OCD, lol.
Caveat: *** This is experimental (and a bit messy) ***

Your info panel says you have a GloHD so try adding this test patch (for Dragon devices only at the moment, i.e. AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, ClaraHD) to wherever you keep your custom patches for nickel.yaml

Code:
test Increase Series list cover thumbnails:
  - Enabled: no
  - Description: Series list. Enlarge cover thumbnails
  - FindZlib: "#seriesCoverPack"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
        # #seriesWidgetContainer reduce top/bottom margins of each entry
        - {Find: "topMargin: 14px;", Replace: "topMargin: 5px;"}       # Dragon
        - {Find: "bottomMargin: 14px;", Replace: "bottomMargin: 0px;"} # Dragon
        # #seriesCoverPack increase cover thumbnail
        - {Find: "width: 108px;",  Replace: "width: 141px;"}  # Dragon
        - {Find: "height: 175px;", Replace: "height: 200px;"} # Dragon
        # all models #hBooks Move bookcount line up & away from horizontal gridline
        - Find:    "#hBooks {\n  padding-left: 0px;\n  padding-bottom: 0px;"
          Replace: "#hBooks {\n  padding-left: 0px;\n  padding-bottom:20px;"
If the above patch truncates the thumbnail for the bottom Series entry on each page then also add this second test patch for nickel.yaml
Code:
test Reduce height of page navigator arrows:
  - Description: Change page navigator footer height - booklist, serieslist
  - FindZlib: "QWidget[footerFixedHeight=true][qApp_deviceIsTrilogy=true]"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
        # Dragon devices (AuraHD, H20, GloHD, ClaraHD)
        - Find:    "QWidget[footerFixedHeight=true][qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n  min-height: 120px;\n  max-height: 120px;\n}"
          Replace: "QWidget[footerFixedHeight=true][qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n  min-height: 90px;\n  max-height: 90px;\n}"

Last edited by jackie_w; 03-04-2020 at 06:39 PM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2020, 11:23 PM   #471
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Thanks, Jackie. This is perfect. No truncation that I can notice, but I like the smaller arrows so I think I'll keep the second patch too. Thanks again!
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 08:35 PM   #472
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I have long wanted to ask about the 'Allow searches on Extra dictionaries' patch

Perhaps it should be redone, all these replacements with "_" or ":" somehow look bad visually (a matter of taste, of course).

Maybe it’s worth doing something like this?

Spoiler:
Code:
Allow searches on Extra dictionaries:
    ## To allow searches on Extra dictionaries change space character at end of
    ## "Extra: " to "Extra:NO-BREAK SPACE"
    ## The space char causes a non-desired "English - English" when searching on
    ## Extra dictionary from main menu.
  - FindBaseAddressHex: 45 78 74 72 61 3A 20
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 6, FindH: 20, ReplaceH: A0}
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 03:12 PM   #473
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I'm not a fan of case sensitive sorting like this. What makes it worse is that the sorting is inconsistent. The authors list is case sensitive, but sorting by author in the book lists is not.
Looks like Kobo made author sort case insensitive in the latest 4.20.14601 firmware.

Now I just need to repatch to customize navigation and make KEPUB and EPUB font sizes match.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 03:21 PM   #474
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
I have long wanted to ask about the 'Allow searches on Extra dictionaries' patch

Perhaps it should be redone, all these replacements with "_" or ":" somehow look bad visually (a matter of taste, of course).

Maybe it’s worth doing something like this?

Spoiler:
Code:
Allow searches on Extra dictionaries:
    ## "Extra: " to "Extra:NO-BREAK SPACE"
  - FindBaseAddressHex: 45 78 74 72 61 3A 20
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 6, FindH: 20, ReplaceH: A0}
Yes. I'll have to take a closer look, but that should probably work.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 04:02 PM   #475
taos
Connoisseur
taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Glo HD
As soon as I noticed that, in 4.20.14601, the entries in the dictionary table of the database are no longer used, I went back to my custom variant of the patch (quite similar to Semwize's version):

Code:
Allow searches on Extra dictionaries (hex approach):
    ## "Extra: " to another char (ex: "Extra:_")
  - FindBaseAddressHex: 00 45 78 74 72 61 3A 20 # hex of "\0Extra:\x20"
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 7, FindH: 20, ReplaceH: A0}
So far, I haven't seen any problems using the side-loaded extra dictionaries.

I only gave up on the non-break space when an "Extra: xx" entry in the dictionary table became mandatory to use extra dictionaries and I couldn't convince the sqlite database to not replace every non-break space with a "normal" space during saving.
taos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 04:34 PM   #476
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Would it be possible to redo the old patch that allowed customizing "Refresh screen every:" for 4.20.14601. I know it was removed when it was unable ot be made for some earlier firmware, but maybe it can be redone. That would be good if it could so we can set when the screen flashes. Thanks.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 04:39 PM   #477
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@JSWolf: Doesn't simply tweaking numPartialUpdatePageTurns in the Reading section of the config work?

(It's set to 6 on my end, which is the default setting, IIRC. I don't recall what it looks like when set to "Chapter", not that it should matter for this kind of request ).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 05:07 PM   #478
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@JSWolf: Doesn't simply tweaking numPartialUpdatePageTurns in the Reading section of the config work?

(It's set to 6 on my end, which is the default setting, IIRC. I don't recall what it looks like when set to "Chapter", not that it should matter for this kind of request ).
That's rather odd. I'm set for chapter and here is the config line.

numPartialUpdatePageTurns=4294967295

I've changed it to 50. I'll see if that works.
Old 03-09-2020, 06:01 PM   #479
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post

I set numPartialUpdatePageTurns to 50 and it seems to be working. IT didn't flash in 13 pages I had left of the chapter and hasn't flashed 3 pages in to the next chapter. So I would say it seems to be working. Thanks.
Old 03-09-2020, 07:10 PM   #480
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl_ View Post
Is it possible to write a patch that pressing on a word open rightly the full screen window of the pop up dictionary??
Maybe choosing if with the keyboard ready to type or not?!
Any news on if this is possible or not? I’d love for the dictionary to pop right to full screen
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patches, patching, request, requests