Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-09-2016, 05:28 PM   #31
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
No one will complain if it is a bit over but they would complain if it is 3.302 mm too small.
What universe are you living in?
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 05:28 PM   #32
desert dog
Zealot
desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2,3 Voyage,Oasis 1&2, Kobo Glohd, Aura hd, Kmini, H2O 1&2
I love my Kobos. A bigger reader sounds like a welcome change of pace. I get a completely different reading experience when I jump from a 6" screen to a 6.8" one. I can only imagine how this could potentially enhance my enjoyment.

Sign me up for one!
desert dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2016, 05:29 PM   #33
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
What universe are you living in?
Today, I'm not sure.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 06:10 PM   #34
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfBack View Post
I'm still waiting for a 6'' Aura One... I have to replace my Aura 6'' with a device that have a ink-carta screen, with or without SD card.

But with this, I admit, I will pass. No SD card? Low capacity battery? The only good news is the 300 ppi and the 7.8'' screen... Otherwise, I don't think that as a great and advantageous replacement for my H2O... I hope the processor of the One makes a huge difference between those 2 devices.
The 6" model has a different name. I found the name in the FCC paperwork: "Kobo Aura Edition 2".
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 06:37 PM   #35
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I have the original Kobo Aura and while I prefer the Kindle Voyage, it's a pretty nice ereader. If they have a model 2 a similar size with a flush bezel and hopefully a better screen I'll be pretty tempted.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2016, 06:49 PM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason90 View Post
Agreed,I mean 6" doesn't pose a problem for reading but it does often feel for me constrained and I wish I could fit a lot more text on the page at my preferred font size.

Who knows Amazon may want to counter-act with their own 8" device ,there were rumours of a liquavista based 8" device coming out in October...
And those rumors are from BadEReader. Amazon is not coming out with an 8" Liquavista based Kindle. It's not happening. If it happens, it'll happen on Mother's Day.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:30 PM   #37
Cosimo
Groupie
Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Is the screen flush with the bezels like the Aura?
Cosimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:35 PM   #38
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosimo View Post
Is the screen flush with the bezels like the Aura?
as far as we can tell, it is flush.
pickyaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:57 PM   #39
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
And those rumors are from BadEReader. Amazon is not coming out with an 8" Liquavista based Kindle. It's not happening. If it happens, it'll happen on Mother's Day.
--- What does Kobo have against Mother's Day!

-----

Hopefully, Amazon will soon carry this and I'll be able to order one with confidence.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:23 PM   #40
Jason90
Addict
Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickyaxe View Post
as far as we can tell, it is flush.
Hopefully it has the same quality as the kindle voyage.

Last edited by Jason90; 08-09-2016 at 08:41 PM.
Jason90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:40 PM   #41
Jason90
Addict
Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
True and I'm not overly optimistic on a product based on liquavista coming out anytime soon but it is the 10th anniversary of the company's founding and Amazon has owned them for 3 years now so it's not an impossible stretch of the imagination.

In any case now that kobo has set the precedent for a large ereader Amazon could easily come out with a voyage XL,who knows what they got cooking over the next few months.
Jason90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 09:02 PM   #42
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
All I can say is:

[Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-09-2016 at 09:06 PM.
RZetlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 09:07 PM   #43
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines will be deleted.

It is every member's responsibility to read our Posting Guidelines and follow them.

Thanks.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 09:40 PM   #44
cerem0ny
Evangelist
cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Oasis 3
New 7.8'' Kobo Aura One waterproof e-reader leak!

What's with the lack of news on this device/company/ereader? Everybody lost their ish over a 500 dollar Voyage or an exciting WHITE basic kindle but when a 300ppi, 7.8inch flush screened, waterproof Kobo reader leaks nobody bats an eyelid? Strange... reminds me a little of Apple marketing... kobo are like the samsung of ebooks and I really hope with this device they're just as successful! Tired of feeling cheated by Amazon (sorry fanboys!) And I think Kobo are really listening to the gap in the market there...

Anywho this looks like one of the coolest innovations in ereader history, no? Not the best looking device but gorgeous specs and I cant wait to hold it in my hands in bed! This along with Emma Watson.

Cheap too! Anybody else excited? The last time I was this impressed and excited with an ereader was with the Voyage (a 300ppi screen, omgosh!) but I think this one might just take the cake!

Here's more with pictures

http://the-digital-reader.com/2016/0...een-229-euros/

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-10-2016 at 06:02 AM.
cerem0ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 09:51 PM   #45
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerem0ny View Post
What's with the lack of news on this device/company/ereader? Everybody lost their ish over a 500 dollar Voyage or an exciting WHITE basic kindle but when a 300ppi, 7.8inch flush screened, waterproof Kobo reader leaks nobody bats an eyelid? Strange... reminds me a little of Apple marketing... kobo are like the samsung of ebooks and I really hope with this device they're just as successful! Tired of feeling cheated by Amazon (sorry fanboys!) And I think Kobo are really listening to the gap in the market there...

Anywho this looks like one of the coolest innovations in ereader history, no? Not the best looking device in history but gorgeous specs and I cant wait to hold it in my hands in bed! This along with Emma Watson.

Cheap too! Anybody else excited? The last time I was this impressed and excited with an ereader was with the Voyage (a 300ppi screen, omgosh!) but I think this one might just take the cake!

Here's more with pictures

http://the-digital-reader.com/2016/0...een-229-euros/
See these threads:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=277095

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=277109

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=275592

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=277113

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=276877

Hope this helps

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote