Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-18-2013, 06:31 AM   #46
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
[QUOTE=xtine;2485830]Finally got my custom M-Edge Paperwhite cover. It's a little thicker than I'd like but it seems really sturdy and the PW fits very snugly.

[Image exceeds posting guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

How adorable!!! I have one of those custom cases, I agree, way thicker than I expected. As long as I don't try to fold the front all the way back, then it's fine.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-06-2014 at 01:55 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:53 AM   #47
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
How adorable!!! I have one of those custom cases, I agree, way thicker than I expected. As long as I don't try to fold the front all the way back, then it's fine.
Thank you! You're right -- I feel like I might break the spine if I try to fold the cover all the way back.
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2013, 06:06 AM   #48
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
I just do not get what people see in these hard book like covers. They make the kindle heavt and are terrible for one hand reading. I aslo think they are beyond useless at protecting your kindle from dust dirt and accidental spills as they do not seal. I use a very cute sticker found on ebay to cover my kindsl. Soooooo many cute designs. Then I carry my kindle in a wetsuit material zip up case. Great for throwing my kindle in my handbag. If I planed to travel I would invest in another wet suit zip bag with memeory phone padding.
I just can not understand this wish to turn a kindle into a book.

applesauce
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:11 AM   #49
Iznogood
Guru
Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
The magnet on my official Amazon case works fine, so hopefully your replacement will, also.

I have the purple case, and 2 knock-offs in other colors. I am using the purple one, right now. It really is nice.
I have now received the replacment cover from Amazon and can confirm that the first one I got was just a bad magnet. The replacement was much better. It also feels great to hold while reading. I can now officially recomment the official cover.
Iznogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #50
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iznogood View Post
I have now received the replacment cover from Amazon and can confirm that the first one I got was just a bad magnet. The replacement was much better. It also feels great to hold while reading. I can now officially recomment the official cover.
Glad to hear all is well now. I agree with others than the cover is excellent and nice to hold when reading. It's Amazon's best one yet, IMHO.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2013, 12:49 PM   #51
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce View Post
I just do not get what people see in these hard book like covers.
I like the hard cover because it doesn't add that much weight to my paperwhite, it does protect the screen, and unlike a slipcover, I can't put it down and forget about it and lose it.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:03 PM   #52
JLeighs
Addict
JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce View Post
I just do not get what people see in these hard book like covers. They make the kindle heavt and are terrible for one hand reading. I aslo think they are beyond useless at protecting your kindle from dust dirt and accidental spills as they do not seal.
My PW isn't much heavier with the official case, and I have absolutely no trouble holding it with one hand. I just fold the cover back. I'm more worried about protection if I drop it than I am about dust and dirt...
JLeighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #53
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
I use:
<http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Paperwhite-Friday-Stylus-EnvyDeal/dp/B009RVPQ34/ref=cm_cr-mr-title>
Currently $9.39 at amazon and almost bulletproof. I had a similar one for my K3. The K3 eventually died due to wearing out the buttons. The case is still pristine.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:52 AM   #54
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
The sleeves recommended by xendula may have that problem, but the Oberon Paperwhite sleeves assuredly don't. With the magnetic securing latch in place, I held my sleeve upside-down and tried my best to shake the Paperwhite loose, but it didn't bulge. Holding the latch open (it has a tendency to close if you don't), I repeated the test and was able through vigorous shaking to dislodge my Kindle, but who's going to hold their latch open to do something like that?

Bottom line: your Kindle stays secure in the Oberon sleeve.
You are actually mistaken. That CASE linked above and recommened by me is so secure that some MR users file down a corner in order to be able to easily remove the PW, it's the SLEEVE that I recommended using with the case that fits loosely if used without the case.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:22 AM   #55
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
There is no best case. If there were the choice would be simple. People get cases for protection and beauty and convenience and how you prioritize those can determine which case is best for you. When I'm out I have my Kindle in it's case in an outside pocket on my daypack. I realize this is risky but the convenience of getting to the Kindle easily is worth the risk...for me. My sister will only get covers that have a strap around her hand when she's reading.

I do sometimes wonder about someone who will buy a $99 case for a $119 Paperwhite.
I did buy a leather case on E-Bay for 13 EUR. It's fine.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #56
vitalij
vitalij ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vitalij ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vitalij ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vitalij ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vitalij ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vitalij ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vitalij ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vitalij ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vitalij ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vitalij ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vitalij ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G
I really like my official Amazon Case.
vitalij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:38 PM   #57
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
This site has some interesting covers, but they're fairly expensive. My daughter will make you a steam-punk cover (illustrations tend to be from Alice in Wonderland, but the picture can be your choice) for less than that, if you provide the cover. And ebay has some fairly inexpensive ones that work very well.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #58
janrey
Groupie
janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle3, Voyage
I know this is an old thread but for traveling, especially if you are putting the kindle in a backpack or purse, get a hard shelled zippered case to put it in. This will protect it from accidental screen breakage. If you like to read with a cover on it, look for one that will fit the kindle with cover on otherwise look for one that will strap the kindle in. I found one in oddly enough the autoparts section of Target. I notice they've since been moved to the luggage section.
janrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:41 PM   #59
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Historically, I have only used slipcases for my ereaders. Or zipper bag type deals, while relying on the design of the device itself for holding and reading.

I have the new Paperwhite (2013) and I bought the Amazon official leather case. While I love the case and think it provides decent protection, it is far too heavy. I mean like, literally almost doubles the weight of the Paperwhite type of too heavy. I don't know about you folks but part of the advantage of an e-reader is that they tend to be quite a bit lighter than many books.

So, I was thinking about trying the Fintie Folio cases available at Amazon. They seem alright and lighter than the Amazon case, but it would still make the Paperwhite a bit unwieldy compared to the sleek thing that it is by design.
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:16 PM   #60
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
The Ebay knockoffs of the official PW case are actually super light weight and still have the wake/sleep function. The only thing is that some of them don't close too well
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
case, kindle paperwhite