Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 08-07-2011, 01:28 AM   #1
mokel22
Zealot
mokel22 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Case for the EE

I just received the EE case that I ordered from Amazon and it is a pretty decent fit. I looked through the popular netbook case dimensions and 11.6 was the closest size to the EE, so I ran "11.6 inch netbook case" through some buying websites and found luck with a Casecrown case that looked to be of good quality, looked like it would fit, it had decent protection, it had a decent price ($8.20 w/ shipping) and more than anything it has those pieces of elastic on the inside to hold the edge in its place.
Here's the product page:
http://www.amazon.com/CaseCrown-Doub...2693456&sr=1-5

They are also available in shades of green, orange, white, and grey (that I know of). The suede feels nice, the memory foam will cushion falls and shock. Overall I love everything about the case other than a lack of a handle, accessory space, and it's extra bulk makes it not fit in my mini backpack anymore (it fit snug as a bug before, but the extra diameter kills it).

Here's some photos:

mokel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:00 AM   #2
Synergi
Addict
Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, iPadPro, Galaxy Note 5, 8 (tab) & Galaxy Tab S3
That turned out pretty good and its a good price too. I may order one.
Synergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2011, 01:09 AM   #3
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Thanks, Mokel!

I just ordered a hot pink case just like your orange one. Only $3.21 -- the shipping was more than the item! Amazon had white, grey, orange, pink, and green that I saw.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:40 PM   #4
Synergi
Addict
Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Thanks, Mokel!

I just ordered a hot pink case just like your orange one. Only $3.21 -- the shipping was more than the item! Amazon had white, grey, orange, pink, and green that I saw.
Let me know if you get the right case. I ordered the hot pink and they sent me a 10.1 sleeve. To small for the Edge, and Totally not what I ordered. They claim they fixed the site since then.. I told them I'd send it back providing they paid shipping.. (Not paying 5 dollars to send back a 3 dollar item.) So they emailed me a label to send it back and said they'd refund me. I don't want a refund, I want my case.. urgh..

I still haven't sent it back. I need to actually buy something to ship it back in and it was such a cheap item its almost not worth it.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:53 AM   #5
Filark
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Aaaaargh! What a terrible experience, Synergi! Hard to know what to do when the return is more costly than the product. I'd probably press them to send the correct item and keep the wrong one, if you can.

We'll see if I take my own advice if the one they send me is wrong, too!
Advert
Old 08-26-2011, 02:20 PM   #6
Synergi
Addict

Quote:
Aaaaargh! What a terrible experience, Synergi! Hard to know what to do when the return is more costly than the product. I'd probably press them to send the correct item and keep the wrong one, if you can.

We'll see if I take my own advice if the one they send me is wrong, too!
I should try to tell them to send me the right case with a prepaid return envelope for the old one. Its not that I don't want to send it back, but I will spend a couple bucks for a mailer and 6 bucks round trip to drive it into town for something that wasn't my error..

Even if I go use one of the post office mailers, it will still cost me more in gas then this was worth lol.

I mean come on.. its a 3 dollar item.. shesh lol..

Here's hoping my bad experience made them change their site in time so you get the right one lol. Post pictures, I want to see what that hot pink one looks like.

Last edited by Synergi; 08-26-2011 at 02:23 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:11 PM   #7
ken_jennings
eDGe User
ken_jennings has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Entourage eDGe
Glad that works out for you.
I like to carry a lot of toys with me, so a zippered wrapper isn't my cup-o-tea.
Any netbook bag should work fine with the full-sized Entourage Edge.
My favorite: Everki Netbook Case
ken_jennings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:59 PM   #8
Filark

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken_jennings View Post
Glad that works out for you.
I like to carry a lot of toys with me, so a zippered wrapper isn't my cup-o-tea.
Any netbook bag should work fine with the full-sized Entourage Edge.
My favorite: Everki Netbook Case
That's a beaut, ken_jennings!

I need something to keep my EE safe while it travels in the same case as my laptop. They fit easily back to back but I want some padding between them.

Still waiting to see what I get . . .
Old 08-27-2011, 08:31 AM   #9
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
The M-Edge case is real nice (I have one) and supposedly still available from CDW. The cool thing is that it has a hideaway handle.

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/M-E...e/2116430.aspx

Here's a better picture: http://www.ebookreaderdiscounter.com...soires/covers/

Mokel, your case is nice. You need to visit Decal Girl and buy a Matte finish skin. It will make those fingerprints disappear.

Last edited by obsessed2; 08-27-2011 at 08:34 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:27 PM   #10
Filark

Okay -- the case Obsessed mentions would have been my first choice, had I seen (or remembered! ) it, but the CaseCrown case I received today will work well for me and you can't beat the price!

Yes, Synergi, it came in a nice pink, is well-constructed (for the price especially!) and fits as Mokel said it would! I will now attempt to attach pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	042.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	75883   Click image for larger version

Name:	044.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	75884   Click image for larger version

Name:	046.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	75885  
Old 08-29-2011, 10:47 PM   #11
Synergi
Addict

Quote:
Okay -- the case Obsessed mentions would have been my first choice, had I seen (or remembered! ) it, but the CaseCrown case I received today will work well for me and you can't beat the price!

Yes, Synergi, it came in a nice pink, is well-constructed (for the price especially!) and fits as Mokel said it would! I will now attempt to attach pictures.
Nice! I like your skin too. Glad you got the right case.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:39 AM   #12
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:

Looks good; but no pink for me...
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:06 PM   #13
ken_jennings
eDGe User
ken_jennings has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Entourage eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
Looks good; but no pink for me...
Hmmm. Pink... Could help me get in touch with my inner Sith Princess.
ken_jennings is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
case, entourage edge