Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-13-2018, 05:06 PM   #1
Eithrial
Enthusiast
Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle PW
Different screensaver for sleep and power-off on Kobo Aura One

I want to set different screensavers depending on whether device is in sleep mode or it is powered off. I tried to use some hints from https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-261726070 but I could not work it out. Even when I put is settings file only
Code:
return {
    ["use_lastfile_as_screensaver"] = false,
    ["suspend_screensaver"] = {
        ["message"] = "Sleeping"
    },
    ["poweroff_screensaver"] = {
        ["message"] = "Powered off"
    }
}
It still doesn't work. Is it some KA1 bug or am I doing something wron?
Eithrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:38 AM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
You didn't mention the version you're using, but some stuff in this regard was changed recently.

I think one of these should provide the answer?

https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/3572
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/3591

(I'd be more help but I'm not really all that much into all the fancy fluff like screensavers and frontlight and whatnot. :P)
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 02:34 PM   #3
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
For latest versions of koreader, you have menu settings for sleep, and for power off, as Frenzie already mentioned, you need to edit settings.reader.lua manually, adding this:

Quote:
"poweroff_screensaver_type" = "random_image" or "message", "cover", "bookstatus", "readingprogress", "disable",
"poweroff_screensaver_dir" = "path to same as screensaver_dir or alternate dir for poweroff image(s)",
"poweroff_screensaver_message" = "message to use instead of Powered off",
Watch for syntax, best practice is to backup settings.reader.lua file before any edit, if not, you can loose all settings.

As old code doesn't work for you, it seems you're with newer version, for older version this code would work. Personally I'm still with older version where this code works, but with time I'll switch to newer version where this code should work like charm.

At the moment with newer version you can't have image and text, only one or other.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 03:30 PM   #4
Eithrial
Enthusiast
Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle PW
Thanks for help! It works now.
Eithrial is offline   Reply With Quote