Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-22-2017, 11:50 PM   #1
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Nook glowlight 3 3rd party cases

I'm looking for a case. I'd be happy to get something 3rd party and generic and cheap off ebay that fits it. Im in Canada so I can't even buy an official case off the b&n site. Do the old Nook ST cases work with it?

This says it wil work:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HOT-For-Bar...KRQgDsyDobHvCw

Last edited by Pajamaman; 12-22-2017 at 11:54 PM.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 02:38 AM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
I'm looking for a case. I'd be happy to get something 3rd party and generic and cheap off ebay that fits it. Im in Canada so I can't even buy an official case off the b&n site. Do the old Nook ST cases work with it?

This says it wil work:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HOT-For-Bar...KRQgDsyDobHvCw
I -- personally -- like Fintie SlimShell cases and they've got them out for the GlowLight 3 now.

In the U.S. --

https://www.amazon.com/Fintie-Nook-G...+3+fintie+case

Don't know about Canada. I'll have to check.

Fintie Slim Fit also available -- prime included with this one ...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07871JC1W...&pd_rd_w=AxxrZ

Last edited by rcentros; 12-23-2017 at 02:41 AM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 08:03 AM   #3
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks. The latter ships to Canada. I didn't see that when I searched for nook glowlight 3. I'm surprised there are not more on ebay. Maybe I just can't see them.

Incidentally will an official Nook ST case fit the 3?

Last edited by Pajamaman; 12-23-2017 at 08:13 AM.
Old 12-23-2017, 01:55 PM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
Thanks. The latter ships to Canada. I didn't see that when I searched for nook glowlight 3. I'm surprised there are not more on ebay. Maybe I just can't see them.

Incidentally will an official Nook ST case fit the 3?
No. The Nook ST cases used the slots built into the NST to "clip" into their cases. As far as I can tell, there are no slots in the GlowLight 3. Besides, I think the GlowLight 3 is about half an inch taller. Even my M-Edge NST case wouldn't work with the GlowLight 3. You would have to have something more generic and "sloppy."

As for more cases being on eBay ... I don't think the Fintie cases (for one) will be out until January 1st so, I would imagine, it'll take a few more weeks for re-sellers to start stocking them. I've got the impression that the GlowLight 3 kind of took the case makers by surprise.
Old 12-23-2017, 02:48 PM   #5
Pajamaman
Wizard

I think so. The fintie case is out of stock till 27/12. I will be getting one. Thanks again.
Old 12-24-2017, 01:16 AM   #6
billsfan2
Enthusiast
billsfan2 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nook Tablet, Nook HD+, Kindle PW 2015, Glowlight 3
Wink

Glad to hear Fintie finally got in the game, because they had nothing when I ordered my cases a few weeks ago, and I had looked.

Ended up getting the blue/aqua case from ACDream off Amazon for about $12-13 w/Prime, and one of the Nook brand cases on sale from BN for about the same price. Both are nice. Fintie would have been my first choice, as I have one for my Kindle Paperwhite.
billsfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 09:12 AM   #7
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I just ordered a B&N case for mine. I'm hoping it's a sleep cover but I couldn't find any mention of that anywhere. B&N is very hard to get on the phone or in chat so I just took a chance. I also couldn't find if any of the covers on Amazon were sleep covers. Oh well. It should cover it.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 11:43 AM   #8
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
I bought a cover for my N3 from the Barnes&Noble store when they were on sale. It does not act as a sleep cover but it does protect the screen, which is fine since I am pretty careful with it.
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 04:43 PM   #9
nellie27
Enthusiast
nellie27 doesn't litternellie27 doesn't litter

Device: Galaxy Tab A, Boox Nova Air C
Hi, all.
I'm looking at these cases for my Glowlight 3:
https://www.amazon.com/Fintie-Nook-G...M85W2RFMQ&th=1
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077MJK64Y...ing=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/i-UniK-GlowLi...07743N7WH?th=1

I'm leaning towards the solid black, but the navy ones are attractive as well.

If any of you have one of these cases, what do you like or dislike? Are the buttons and the port easily accessible? Magnetic closure isn't a necessity.

This
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005HI7YEK
is my NST/G case, and it works well for me. This brand seems to be unavailable for the G3.

Thank you
nellie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 05:54 PM   #10
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellie27 View Post
Hi, all.
I'm looking at these cases for my Glowlight 3:
https://www.amazon.com/Fintie-Nook-G...M85W2RFMQ&th=1
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077MJK64Y...ing=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/i-UniK-GlowLi...07743N7WH?th=1

I'm leaning towards the solid black, but the navy ones are attractive as well.

If any of you have one of these cases, what do you like or dislike? Are the buttons and the port easily accessible? Magnetic closure isn't a necessity.

This
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005HI7YEK
is my NST/G case, and it works well for me. This brand seems to be unavailable for the G3.

Thank you
I personally like the Fintie Slim Shells better ...

https://www.amazon.com/Fintie-Nook-G...ht+3+slimshell

... but it looks like the Fintie you're looking at more closely resembles your old case. All the Finties I've used have been high quality so I'm guessing you'd be happy with any of these. The i-Unik looks good also.

Apparently the Nook GlowLight doesn't have the feature to turn off and on when covers are opened and closed, since no one seems to offer a case to do this. Odd.

Last edited by rcentros; 01-01-2018 at 05:58 PM.
Old 01-01-2018, 07:13 PM   #11
nellie27
Enthusiast
nellie27 doesn't litternellie27 doesn't litter

Device: Galaxy Tab A, Boox Nova Air C
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I personally like the Fintie Slim Shells better ...

https://www.amazon.com/Fintie-Nook-G...ht+3+slimshell

... but it looks like the Fintie you're looking at more closely resembles your old case. All the Finties I've used have been high quality so I'm guessing you'd be happy with any of these. The i-Unik looks good also.

Apparently the Nook GlowLight doesn't have the feature to turn off and on when covers are opened and closed, since no one seems to offer a case to do this. Odd.
Thank you for your reply. I'm going with the Fintie folio cover. I like the bulkiness of this case style- it's easier to hold, it seems more protective, and it makes the reader more "book-sized". I have a shell-like case on my HD+, but that device is larger and heavier- it doesn't need the added size.

Thanks again
nellie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 08:33 PM   #12
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellie27 View Post
Thank you for your reply. I'm going with the Fintie folio cover. I like the bulkiness of this case style- it's easier to hold, it seems more protective, and it makes the reader more "book-sized". ...
You know, you might have a point there. I've been using my (Woot purchased) Kindle Keyboard with a leather (lighted) case (which is fairly bulky) and I find it's more comfortable to hold than the Kindle 8th Generation Basic in the Fintie Slim Shell. Maybe I've been looking at this the wrong way.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:45 PM   #13
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I looked at all the cases on Amazon and ordered a case from B&N for my Nook. I like the kind of case that fits snugly without wrapping around and at the time I was looking Amazon didn't have one of those.

I'm expecting my Nook case tomorrow. I hope it doesn't weigh a ton.

Barry
Old 01-02-2018, 10:13 AM   #14
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
I'm waiting for the Fintie cases to actually be available. The better half wants the Blossom pattern, but it is not available until January 10.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:44 PM   #15
barryem
Wizard

My Nook case arrived from B&N today. It's a nice fit and it's the clamshell type of case, which is what I like. It makes the Nook seem smaller, strangely enough.

It has a nice little elastic band on the back that can be used to hold the cover closed, giving it a bit more protection. All in all I'm pretty pleased with this thing.

I got it while it was on sale for $15 which makes it even better.

Barry