Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-23-2017, 01:24 PM   #16
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Please delete all but the first 6.
And thank you for clarification.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 02:25 PM   #17
cepics
Connoisseur
cepics began at the beginning.

Device: K5_B010, fw 5.3.2.1, jb 1.14.N, usbnet 0.21.N
I restored my kindle k 4.1.3 s/n 9023 17..
registered
jailbraked (kindle-k4-jailbreak-1.8.N)
installed KUAL (KUAL-v2.7)
updated with kindle-mkk-20141129.bin
updated USBNetwork -0.57.N-k4
copied kindlevncviewer folder in to kindle root
copied vncviewer folder in to kindle root

now thi is my KUAL menù

toggled USBNetwork

but when I try to open Vnc connection, nothing happens!!

connect to WiFi

KUAL fail

Last edited by cepics; 09-24-2017 at 06:13 AM.
cepics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:43 PM   #18
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Please edit your posts to only show the first 6 characters of your serial number.
Never give your entire serial number. Only give what was asked for.

Now as to your vnc, let me read over the instructions in the jailbreak thread to see if a step was missed.
Old 09-24-2017, 06:02 AM   #19
cepics
Connoisseur

tnks a lot, I'm a super newbie!!!

Last edited by cepics; 09-24-2017 at 06:28 AM.
Old 09-24-2017, 08:37 AM   #20
cepics
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
This is all getting too complicated for me.
Do not give up!!!

Can you imagine how can be difficult for me?
Old 09-24-2017, 01:29 PM   #21
cepics
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Please edit your posts to only show the first 6 characters of your serial number.
Never give your entire serial number. Only give what was asked for.

Now as to your vnc, let me read over the instructions in the jailbreak thread to see if a step was missed.
I think you have to edit your QUOTE message too

tnks a lot
Old 09-24-2017, 08:21 PM   #22
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepics View Post
I think you have to edit your QUOTE message too

tnks a lot
Done.
Old 09-25-2017, 05:16 AM   #23
cepics
Connoisseur

ok, now I'm with frozen tequila menù.... after a 20 hour wall charge I will try to debrick with KUBRICK....

say to me good luck
Old 09-25-2017, 01:59 PM   #24
cepics
Connoisseur

amzing Kubrick!!!! like to the cinema!!!

I started from the beginning but, this time with 4.1.1 fw

I didn't register the kindle k4
jailbreaked kindle-k4-jailbreak-1.8.N
Update_mkk-20141129-k4-ALL_install
copied KUAL-KDK-1.0.azw2

now, to install kindlevncviewer, I don't understand what I have to do!!!

I have to install USBNetwork ?

the README say:

"Copy the full directory "kindlevncviewer" to the (USB-storage) root of your device."

but when I unzip the kindlevncviewer.zip file, I have a kindlevncviewer folder with inside another kindlevncviewer folder.....

which one folder I have to copy to the root of the kindle?

second question where I have to put the edited kindlevncviewer.ini if I use KUAL?

I know that what I'm asking it's newbi stuff.... I'm not a programmer but I can make a super "carbonara" .
Old 09-25-2017, 04:13 PM   #25
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
amzing Kubrick!!!! like to the cinema!!!

I started from the beginning but, this time with 4.1.1 fw

I didn't register the kindle k4
jailbreaked kindle-k4-jailbreak-1.8.N
Update_mkk-20141129-k4-ALL_install
copied KUAL-KDK-1.0.azw2

now, to install kindlevncviewer, I don't understand what I have to do!!!

I have to install USBNetwork ?

the README say:

"Copy the full directory "kindlevncviewer" to the (USB-storage) root of your device."

but when I unzip the kindlevncviewer.zip file, I have a kindlevncviewer folder with inside another kindlevncviewer folder.....

second question where I have to put the edited kindlevncviewer.ini if I use KUAL?

I know that what I'm asking it's newbi stuff.... I'm not a programmer but I can make a super "carbonara" .
Share carbonara please.

It wants all of that folder copied over.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:02 PM   #26
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
- - - - -

- - - - -
The highest level (the one in the left column) was created by your PC firmware, it was not and is not a part of the contents of the archive.

If you had the options set on your PC to correctly un-archive the contents of the archive, without inventing any new directory levels, then what you see would match the directions.

Your answer:
Ignore the left column.
The center column is the one which matches the directions.

Your problems in install MKK are probably of a similar origin - your PC created an extra directory level that was not accounted for by the assumption of standardized archive handling/handlers.

Now that you know that your PC is doing that strange behavior - you know what to ignore (always ignore the PC invented highest directory level - it is just a copy of the archive name, not part of the contents of the archive.)

= = = =

There is no way that a person can create an archive in 2012 and write directions for how to open it five years later with an archive tool having non-standard settings.

All the archive posted here assume that the user has his various tools optioned for standardized (POSIX usually) behavior.
OR
The user knows what the effects are of their selection of non-standard behavior.

With standard (and expected) behavior of you archive tool, you will see that the archive attached to:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=150434
does not contain the leftmost directory level shown in your image.
That you created with your choice of archive tool options.

Last edited by knc1; 09-25-2017 at 08:08 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:46 AM   #27
cepics
Connoisseur

Quote:
The highest level (the one in the left column) was created by your PC firmware, it was not and is not a part of the contents of the archive.

If you had the options set on your PC to correctly un-archive the contents of the archive, without inventing any new directory levels, then what you see would match the directions.

Your answer:
Ignore the left column.
The center column is the one which matches the directions.

Your problems in install MKK are probably of a similar origin - your PC created an extra directory level that was not accounted for by the assumption of standardized archive handling/handlers.

Now that you know that your PC is doing that strange behavior - you know what to ignore (always ignore the PC invented highest directory level - it is just a copy of the archive name, not part of the contents of the archive.)

= = = =

There is no way that a person can create an archive in 2012 and write directions for how to open it five years later with an archive tool having non-standard settings.

All the archive posted here assume that the user has his various tools optioned for standardized (POSIX usually) behavior.
OR
The user knows what the effects are of their selection of non-standard behavior.

With standard (and expected) behavior of you archive tool, you will see that the archive attached to:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=150434
does not contain the leftmost directory level shown in your image.
That you created with your choice of archive tool options.

THIS IS A VERY GOOD NEWS!!!
I will try when back nome

THANKS A LOT

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Old 09-28-2017, 02:37 PM   #28
cepics
Connoisseur

Quote:
I don't think so because for MKK installation I have to copy a file.bin..... or not?

btw, now I don't know where to copy the edited file kindlevncviewer.ini...

which is my launchpad folder?

is it Kual my launchpad?

tnks
Old 09-28-2017, 02:41 PM   #29
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Are you using KUAL or launchpad?
They are not the same.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 12:23 AM   #30
cepics
Connoisseur

Quote:
Are you using KUAL or launchpad?