Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-22-2015, 05:22 PM   #1
Lenorav
Enthusiast
Lenorav began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Touchscreen not work when open device.

I opened the device, but I see that touching the screen does not respond anymore, will it be possible to fix it?
Lenorav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 05:31 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I'm afraid we will need more information than that...

Can I assume you are talking about the PW2 in your profile?
What exactly happened? Did you just turn on your Kindle one day and the touchscreen had failed? Did you do anything unusual at the time? What does the screen look like when this happened?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2015, 05:38 PM   #3
Lenorav
Enthusiast

Yes, PW2, i open device because a go try jailbreak using microftx (configuration 3) serial interface. Touchscreen not work when open.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:27 PM   #4
Lenorav
Enthusiast

I made a big mistake, as was not the right tool to open, used a knife, which damaged as shown in the image.

I do not know if I can do that turn an e-ink monitor, if not possible, I have to discard.

[Image violates guidelines for size - MODERATOR]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cc.png
Views:	278
Size:	396.6 KB
ID:	138543  

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-23-2015 at 07:33 PM.
Old 05-23-2015, 07:35 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines will be deleted.

Thanks.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert