Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-18-2016, 08:52 AM   #1
Joanna
Groupie
Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: none
Searching in comments

At the risk of asking the most stupid question ever: how to search in comments/comments-like fields? What's the easiest way to find particular words / strings of words?
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 09:36 AM   #2
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 10" Win10 Tablet w/Calibre64, CalibreSpy & Freda+
The Multi-Column Search plug-in has special functionality for searching Comments, plus many search options.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2016, 03:44 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
No need for a plugin to construct the search for you:

Code:
comments:"some text"
See: https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gui...arch-interface

Last edited by eschwartz; 07-18-2016 at 05:08 PM. Reason: fixed link
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 05:02 PM   #4
Joanna
Groupie
Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: none
@eschwartz, thanks! I was pretty sure there must be a simple way to do that, found all the information about how to look for books with empty 'comments' field etc. but somehow didn't stumble upon that!

@DaltonST, I keep your great plugin for more sophisticated missions .
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 05:44 PM   #5
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 10" Win10 Tablet w/Calibre64, CalibreSpy & Freda+
@Joanna:

Using the SearchBar does not show you what you searched for. It just shows you the books containing that search argument. Subpar. I would never recommend it to anyone.

To actually see what comments you are searching for, use MCS. See the attached example. Calibre cannot do that.

DaltonsT
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mcs_comments_results_viewer.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	735.2 KB
ID:	150299  
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2016, 05:47 AM   #6
MerlinMama
Addict
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Elipsa
I actually configured my preferences to automatically search Title, Series and Comments whenever I do a search. So, if I search for 'Hollywood', it will show me results with Hollywood in either of those 3 locations, without the need to prefix the search. I can still use prefix when I really only want to search one of them. Very useful.
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote