Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-12-2021, 11:09 PM   #16
vietchovui
Zealot
vietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS T1, Kobo Forma 8G, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorM View Post
I don't speak Russian, but it looks likea 404 error on the PDF... which means a dead link.
I use google translate to read. If we have an 4pda account and login, we can download it. I have one, but I can no longer login because they don't allow login via email link any more.
vietchovui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 11:54 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vietchovui View Post
I have the same problem. The T1 restarted after failed to open a comic book. The screen is now stuck at the 2 arrows forming a circle. Yellow light (integrated on the power button) keeps blinking all the time, the micro SD light does not flash.
Now I can do anything: Cannot connect T1 to PC, failed to do a factory reset or use the SD rescue / recovery set. I know It's more than 10 years old now and maybe needs a rest, but... how can I revive it?
If the graphics in this comic book are too large, it can cause the T1 to slow down, freeze, or crash. The T1 wasn't designed for hi-res graphics. That's the problem with most old 800x600 Readers.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 11:05 PM   #18
vietchovui
Zealot
vietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If the graphics in this comic book are too large, it can cause the T1 to slow down, freeze, or crash. The T1 wasn't designed for hi-res graphics. That's the problem with most old 800x600 Readers.
Thank you. That's good to know.
Old 07-20-2021, 12:47 AM   #19
vietchovui
Zealot

I opened the T1 back cover today. I found that It cannot read the SD card (the led not blinking). That's why it cannot load SD rescue / SD recovery. Any suggestions please?
https://youtu.be/rv3HVspLZos
Old 07-20-2021, 07:14 AM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

IMHO, if you really want to read comics, I suggest you get a new Reader with a larger hi-res screen. I would go with the Kobo Forma at 8" or one of the various 10.3" screen Readers.
Old 07-22-2021, 12:23 AM   #21
vietchovui
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
IMHO, if you really want to read comics, I suggest you get a new Reader with a larger hi-res screen. I would go with the Kobo Forma at 8" or one of the various 10.3" screen Readers.
Thank you for the suggestion. I just wanted to know how PRS T1 handles comics. I rarely read comics, and I have 1 kobo forma already.
Old 07-22-2021, 08:31 AM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

If you had asked how the T1 handles comics, would would have been told it handles them poorly. And the T1 might still be working.