Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-18-2021, 04:56 AM   #1
beedaddy
Zealot
beedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino shine 4
Problems editing some metadata fields

Since some time (sorry, I don't know which version it started with) I have problems editing some metadata fields. For example, the fields "tags" and "publisher" only accept one key press. That means, if I want to enter "Mystery" in tags, it stops after "M" and the rest is ignored.

Anyone else with this problem?
(Arch Linux with Calibre 5.29 here.)
beedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 10:03 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Its likely a Qt issue of some kind. If you are using the arch linux package try switching to the official calibre binary from https://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux

That comes with its own Qt so will likely avoid whatever the issue with your system Qt is.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 03:19 PM   #3
beedaddy
Zealot
beedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoon

I think I was able to narrow down the behavior a bit:
- When I double-click on an entry to edit the metadata (as set in preferences -> tweaks), there are keyboard input problems as described.
- If I edit the metadata via the context menu (right click) of an entry, it works.
To me this doesn't really sound like a Qt bug (but who knows...?).
Old 10-18-2021, 11:51 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yeah it is a Qt bug. Use the binary.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 02:17 AM   #5
beedaddy
Zealot

Thanks, you're right. It doesn't happen with the binary. It seems that Qt (or PyQt?) is way more buggy than I thought…