Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-05-2018, 04:46 PM   #1
ChipAHoy
Thistle Sifter
ChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thumbs down Epubor app customer support

Trying to communicate with Epubor's support team is a test in patience. I know that English is not their first language, but even making allowances for that, it is insanely frustrating!

Instead of helping me with a reply to my answer, they provide an answer for another issue that I am not having. They finally said they changed my ePubor license to their audio conversion app. I don't have any need or want for that app.

The ePubor app has many quirks, and trying to get a straight answer from their tech support is a royal pain.
ChipAHoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 04:52 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'm surprised they have customer support at all, to be quite frank. Profiting from the distribution of DRM circumvention software could land them in legal trouble in several jurisdictions.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2018, 05:03 PM   #3
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
If you're using Epubor, you ought to investigate Calibre and the Apprentice Alf plug-ins. Epubor is built on the backs of those plug-ins. Lots of users here will knock Epubor for that reason, but Epubor does simplify things and give a simple interface.

However, you can get plenty of support on the Alf blogs for free. They were very helpful to me when I was having trouble converting a B&N comic I had purchased.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 03:28 PM   #4
JohnSamuels
JohnSamuels began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
It does look good but when I purchased it, the company that handles the transaction (2Checkout ) sent me an email requiring the following;
In order to validate your payment and complete your order, please provide us with the following documents during the next two business days: - a copy of a photo ID (identification card, driver`s license or passport) of the PayPal account holder. - Proof of Valid billing address: Utility Bill. All items must be legible and uploaded to our secure interface.

I paid via PayPal and have been purchasing online for 20+ years and never had something like this occur. So beware. It looks like a scam to me and I have sent PayPal the revelant information.
JohnSamuels is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epubor, feedback, reviews