Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-23-2017, 11:52 AM   #16
tracey1
Addict
tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
https://www.androidheadlines.com/201...ragon-soc.html

new info

Last edited by tracey1; 06-23-2017 at 05:27 PM.
tracey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 01:05 PM   #17
tracey1
Addict
tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Do you guys think it will be available in Europe ?

Im also not sure whether or not to wait a year for the price to decrease just like it did with the YT 2
Advert
Old 07-11-2017, 01:40 PM   #18
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey1 View Post
Do you guys think it will be available in Europe ?
I think it will be possible to order it from China, just like we did with model 2.

Quote:
Im also not sure whether or not to wait a year for the price to decrease just like it did with the YT 2
Well, we do not even know what will the introductory price be.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 01:52 PM   #19
tracey1
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post

Well, we do not even know what will the introductory price be.
We actually have an estimate now. It's in the article I posted above. The 64 gb version is supposed to be 350 USD / 309 euros.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:07 PM   #20
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
We actually have an estimate now. It's in the article I posted above. The 64 gb version is supposed to be 350 USD / 309 euros.
I am aware of this info. I will believe when I see the price next to the "buy now" button.
Advert
Old 07-11-2017, 02:21 PM   #21
tracey1
Addict

Quote:
I am aware of this info. I will believe when I see the price next to the "buy now" button.
Would you get it for that sum ? We will probably know more next month. As far as the availability goes, it's coming out in India apparently so I'm not sure if we can order it.
Old 07-11-2017, 03:33 PM   #22
kacir
Wizard

Quote:
Would you get it for that sum ? We will probably know more next month. As far as the availability goes, it's coming out in India apparently so I'm not sure if we can order it.
I got YotaPhone 2 for 120Euro (before the import tax ) and it serves my needs very well. So, unless some catastrophe happens, or some shocking new feature is announced, I am not getting a new one.

If I did not have a pocketable e-ink device, I might be tempted. I have way too many e-ink readers at the moment.
Old 07-13-2017, 10:20 AM   #23
tracey1
Addict

Quote:
I got YotaPhone 2 for 120Euro (before the import tax ) and it serves my needs very well. So, unless some catastrophe happens, or some shocking new feature is announced, I am not getting a new one.

If I did not have a pocketable e-ink device, I might be tempted. I have way too many e-ink readers at the moment.
So could you maybe offer me some advice here ? I don't know whether to get YP 2 or wait for 3. My main goal is to use the E-Paper Display as my main display. I mostly want to send messages via whatsapp, do calls and browse through the internet here and there. Would you say YP 2 is sufficiant for that ? And what does lack in ? The only thing I wonder about YP 3 is whether the interactions on the EPD will be more fluent and better due to better hardware etc but I don't really want to spend 300 on a phone. Also, YP 3 will obviosuly get the latest Android updates.

Last edited by tracey1; 07-13-2017 at 10:22 AM.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:06 AM   #24
Begemot
Zealot
Begemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Sony DPT-S1, Kindle DX, iPad, Kobo Mini,H20,iRiver StoryHD
To sidetrack a bit, where can one find a waterproof case for YP2?

I too bought my YP2 for ~120Euros last November, but it sits unused on my desk, because I am afraid of its durability.

I bought regular screen scratch protectors for YP2 and a silicone shock protection around corners but it seems not enough for daily use.

I love the idea of YP2 and thus YP3 but practicality is a bit wanting.
Begemot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:34 AM   #25
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Why don't they remove the amoled screen
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 04:55 AM   #26
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
Because only you and 3 other people would buy it ��
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 05:00 AM   #27
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Begemot View Post
To sidetrack a bit, where can one find a waterproof case for YP2?

I too bought my YP2 for ~120Euros last November, but it sits unused on my desk, because I am afraid of its durability.

I bought regular screen scratch protectors for YP2 and a silicone shock protection around corners but it seems not enough for daily use.

I love the idea of YP2 and thus YP3 but practicality is a bit wanting.
Use it. At least then you'll get some use out of it. Otherwise you'll preserve it perfectly until it's obsolete.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 01:11 PM   #28
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
So could you maybe offer me some advice here ? I don't know whether to get YP 2 or wait for 3. My main goal is to use the E-Paper Display as my main display. I mostly want to send messages via whatsapp, do calls and browse through the internet here and there. Would you say YP 2 is sufficiant for that ? And what does lack in ? The only thing I wonder about YP 3 is whether the interactions on the EPD will be more fluent and better due to better hardware etc but I don't really want to spend 300 on a phone. Also, YP 3 will obviosuly get the latest Android updates.
If you're in the U.S., note that the Yotaphone 2 doesn't support LTE on any U.S. carrier. It works ok enough for me as a second phone using T-Mobile 3G towers, and also works with AT&T 3G towers. The last line in this old (2015) article about the then-planned ZTE YP3 speculated that "it’s likely that the company does have plans to sell its third-generation phone in the US."
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 05:55 PM   #29
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmirko View Post
Because only you and 3 other people would buy it ��
I would by it. And my brother, too.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 02:52 AM   #30
tracey1
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmirko View Post
I can't tell you what the best decision is for your situation, but I plan to keep using my Yota 2 for another year or so, and then buy the Yota 3. I would be surprised if it was much cheaper than the Yota 2 at launch (probably a bit cheaper, like 5-600 USD). In a year the prices should start coming down a bit, and make it even better value.

Should you buy the Yotaphone 2 at this point? I think that depends on the price that you can get. It used to sell for as little as 120 USD on Aliexpress, I bought mine for 150. At that price, it was an absolute bargain. You can't even get a phone with the same specs (2GB RAM, full HD Amoled screen, Android 6) WITHOUT a second screen in Europe for that price. But now I can't find it on Aliexpress anymore, and it's selling for around 300 on Ebay, which is less of a bargain. So I think the decision depends on a) your budget, b) whether you need a larger screen, c) whether you need the latest specs. One possible (low-cost) strategy would be to buy the Yota 2, to use it for 2 years or so, and then sell it and buy the Yota 3 at a similarly low price.

I, for one, am very, very happy with the Yota 2. It still does everything I need (I would call myself a power user), and the e-ink screen is a pleasure to use outside, whether for reading, navigation, and everything else you can't do on a backlit screen when the sun is out.
I recently got a waterproof case (see photo) to use the phone on my bicycle (bike computer, navigation, music player), and the e-ink screen works perfectly for this.
Okay so I got me one. I like it a lot.But is there any way to prevent it from switching to the color display after 30 minutes of inactivity ? I basically don't want it to switch to the color display at all, only if I do it myself. So I want the EPD to be my main display.