Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-21-2016, 03:31 PM   #46
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I got my $312.49 credit from Amazon today. If you add in the previous settlement, that's a lot of money for something that didn't particularly offend me, but hey, I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Normally, I would use it to stock up on backlist, but unfortunately none of the backlist books that I'm waiting for are available. I do have 14 pre-orders, 3 or 4 in the next couple of weeks. Maybe I'll get lucky and a number of backlist books will hit the kindle store in the next couple of weeks. Roger Zelazny and William Forstchen are the two I'm looking for at the moment.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 03:50 PM   #47
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
I'm $62 richer thanks to Amazon Now to check Kobo.

Nothing yet on Kobo. I see the settlement is for books purchased from April 1, 2010 until May 21, 2012. I only started buying on Kobo in April 2012 so I expect pennies.

Last edited by JoHunt; 06-21-2016 at 04:19 PM.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2016, 04:00 PM   #48
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No one's suggesting you've done anything wrong.
I know that, thanks. Just a bit wary now of switching over with a UK IP address to spend it, but it's too much to lose. I just wondered if I should use a VPN to go with my US address, just never used one before.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 04:51 PM   #49
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
I got ~$30 from Amazon, no word yet from B&N. Most of my purchases during the period were from B&N though.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 05:11 PM   #50
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
No email from Kobo, but looks like I got $19.49.

I should be getting check(s) for Sony, All Romance eBooks, and the books I bought direct from Penguin. I had also filled out paperwork for all of the books I purchased when Borders had their own ebook store "powered by Kobo" which I was told originally would be part of the Kobo settlement the first time around but were not. The lady from Rust Consulting, Inc said that they would include the info in my claim so we'll see.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2016, 05:17 PM   #51
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm, it's supposed to be $1.57 per e-book and $6.93 for NYT Best Sellers. So it doesn't look like Kobo credited me for all of the books they did the first time around.
Old 06-21-2016, 05:40 PM   #52
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
I CLEARLY spend too much money on eBooks! I just got a $170 credit on my Amazon account! Must go check Kobo...
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 05:42 PM   #53
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Now I am more confused than ever, because looking through my ebook settlement info I had requested a check payout this time from Kobo.

I really wish they would indicate in their online records when gift cards, etc are added. Of course it probably wouldn't do any good since I can never get my purchase history to display correctly.

ETA: Did chat with Kobo and confirmed it was from Apple ebook settlement so now I need to find out why it wasn't for the correct amount and why they didn't send a check.

It seems I was credited for 8 books at $1.57 + 1 at $6.93 as opposed to 21 books which were not best sellers + 1 that was which Kobo credited me for the last time.

FYI, all checks will be mailed on 6-23-16 according to the phone message.

Last edited by library addict; 06-21-2016 at 06:28 PM.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:00 PM   #54
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I got $1.57 from Amazon. What does that have to do with Apple books, which I have never purchased, nor do I have any Apple accounts of any kind?
Apple colluded with the major publishers to force e-book prices to go up from every store, so every consumer paid too much for those e-books no matter where they got them. As a result, Apple has to pay out a bunch of refund money to people who bought those e-books from any store to make up for the extra money they had to pay for them.

The major publishers paid out some money a few years ago when they settled to avoid trial. Apple went to trial, so it gets to pay a whole lot more money.
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 07:08 PM   #55
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoHunt View Post
I'm $62 richer thanks to Amazon Now to check Kobo.

Nothing yet on Kobo. I see the settlement is for books purchased from April 1, 2010 until May 21, 2012. I only started buying on Kobo in April 2012 so I expect pennies.
Thanks Jo, I wondered what the dates were
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 07:21 PM   #56
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I only got $1.57 back from Amazon. The odd thing is that as far as I can tell, from going through my "Digital Orders" from the dates in question, I actually bought two e-books that should have been eligible. I put in a support chat request to Amazon and the rep told me that I should get another credit for the other $1.57 within the next few days. I'm not convinced the rep knew what they were talking about, however.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:25 PM   #57
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoHunt View Post
I checked my records and I only purchased three books during that time. None by a major publisher so no credit for me. But I'm happy for everyone receiving these windfalls.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 07:34 PM   #58
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
No one must love me. I bought a lot of ebooks during that time but no credits I can find and no notice of anything. I have no idea where I purchased a lot of stuff from back then, probably Fictionwise and AllRomance.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 07:38 PM   #59
Robotech_Master
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmi View Post
No one must love me. I bought a lot of ebooks during that time but no credits I can find and no notice of anything. I have no idea where I purchased a lot of stuff from back then, probably Fictionwise and AllRomance.
Note that the credit awards are a multi-day process. You may get them tomorrow, Thursday, or Friday. I haven't gotten anything yet from B&N myself, but I know that's where I bought the majority of major-publisher e-books during that time. I got about $20 in credit from the publisher disbursement, so I should get at least $40 or so from them this go-round.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:39 PM   #60
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech_Master View Post
Apple colluded with the major publishers to force e-book prices to go up from every store, so every consumer paid too much for those e-books no matter where they got them. As a result, Apple has to pay out a bunch of refund money to people who bought those e-books from any store to make up for the extra money they had to pay for them.

The major publishers paid out some money a few years ago when they settled to avoid trial. Apple went to trial, so it gets to pay a whole lot more money.
Like the man said, you are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts. Apple was convicted of anti-trust violations for agreeing to allow the publishers to set the prices, a perfectly legal matter called agency pricing, rather let the book seller set the prices. That is a factual statement of what happened. Asserting that they colluded to force e-book prices to go up from every store and that consumers paid too much is pure opinion.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote