Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-21-2016, 10:46 AM   #1
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
eBook settlement credit is on the way

Today I got this email from B&N:

Quote:
We are happy to let you know that within the next several days you will receive your portion of the Apple Settlement as an electronic credit placed in your Barnes & Noble account. Use your credit to buy books, eBooks, and more in any of our channels — online, in-store, or on your NOOK® or NOOK Reading App™.

How will I know my credit is ready to use?
Within the next few days, you will receive another email confirming that your credit is in your account. That notice will also include a printable certificate that you can use at any Barnes & Noble store.

Find out more about the credit and how you can start using it.

Why am I getting this credit?
The credit results from the Settlement reached with Apple Inc. in an antitrust lawsuit filed by State Attorneys General and Class Plaintiffs about the price of electronic books. We previously sent you emails informing you that you were eligible for a credit in your Barnes & Noble account. If you did not receive those emails, you can read about the Settlement at www.EBookLawsuits.com. Barnes & Noble was not a party to the Settlement, but as a Barnes & Noble customer you can take advantage of the benefits agreed to by the settling parties.

Will my credit expire?
If you do not use some part of the credit to make a purchase within one year, your entire credit will expire on June 24, 2017, and you will no longer have access to use it. However, if you make a purchase that only uses part of your credit, the remainder of the credit will have no expiration date.

How was my credit amount calculated?
The amount of your credit was determined by (1) how many qualifying eBooks you purchased during the claims period and (2) if the eligible eBook was ever a New York Times Bestseller. eBooks that were New York Times Bestsellers received a higher per eBook credit than those that were not New York Times Bestsellers.

As always we appreciate your business. Thank you for being a valued Barnes & Noble customer.

Sincerely,

Barnes & Noble
So others who bought books during the time period covered will also likely receive their credits soon.

I'm not even sure what my refund will be, but I'm glad it's arriving soon.

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 11:38 AM   #2
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Ah, this explains the balance I discovered on my Kobo account this morning.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2016, 11:46 AM   #3
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Received the same notice. Already got my credit from Amazon this morning.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 12:09 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Received the same notice. Already got my credit from Amazon this morning.
Me too, I got an email from Amazon stating I had $17.92 USD credit due to the settlement. I'm not sure why it is that much as I only bought a handful ePubs through Apple. I'm guessing this somehow relates to Kindle book purchases through Apple iOS system too, otherwise it could not have amounted to $17.92. Oh well, I had no idea this was coming, so happy day to get a little money from out of the blue!
Old 06-21-2016, 12:13 PM   #5
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
... I'm not sure why it is that much as I only bought a handful ePubs through Apple.
Over $60 credited to my Amazon account. I wasn't expecting that much, but I'm not complaining!
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2016, 12:18 PM   #6
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I got a large amount on my Amazon.com account. I am now linked to the UK store but I have a US address I sometimes use for shipping so it looks like a full work out on what to buy then a quick jaunt over the wire to spend it.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 12:22 PM   #7
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
$50.35 in my Amazon account
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 12:23 PM   #8
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
$148 on my account

$6.93 for NYT bestsellers and $1.57 for other books. More here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/...ement.1978868/

A break down of how the amounts were determined. Apple should have settled.

Last edited by ProfCrash; 06-21-2016 at 12:36 PM.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 12:36 PM   #9
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
14,84. Nice.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 12:36 PM   #10
jswinden
Nameless Being

So what was this lawsuit concerning? Was this the price fixing lawsuit that was filed against Apple and several other companies and publishers. I remember I got an email from some source stating that I was due over $100 from some of the publishers, but I never received it. I cannot even remember the specifics now. These settlements tend to go on forever and I seldom have seen much, if any until today, pay off. So I always assume I won't get a dime.
Old 06-21-2016, 12:38 PM   #11
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
I got $68.16 on my Amazon account!
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 12:47 PM   #12
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
My wife got about $10 at Amazon today.

I'm not a member of the class. Makes sense since most of my owned mass-market eBooks have been acquired as freebies through deals found here on MR!
If there is ever an Audible settlement, however....
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 12:53 PM   #13
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
$82+ Got it Before I got the letter. Color me confused
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:10 PM   #14
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I got $1.57 from Amazon. What does that have to do with Apple books, which I have never purchased, nor do I have any Apple accounts of any kind?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:10 PM   #15
tamborine
Connoisseur
tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Aura One, Kindle Fire HD
I bought a $10 item on Amazon this morning & it was paid for with a gift card balance that I didn't know I had. Checked and saw that I was credited with $96.26 today!! Just got the email a little while ago.
tamborine is offline   Reply With Quote