Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-15-2014, 10:07 AM   #16
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
Absolutely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
The video credits definitely stack (I had $3 in video credits and they went toward one video purchase) so it's likely the ebook credits will work the same way.

And if you really want to maximize the credits, you can place each order separately when ordering multiple items. IOW, if you place an order with three items in it, you will get $1 in credits for choosing slow shipping. If you place three orders with one item each, you will get $1 credit for each order. Don't worry too much about ruining the planet with all the extra boxes on the truck: Amazon can combine multiple orders into the same box if it suits them to do so.

Finally, don't be surprised when Amazon delays sending out your "no rush shipping" items for a few days.

eP
Thank you.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 12:21 PM   #17
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Seems like it would be simpler all around if Amazon just offered a credit that could be used on any digital purchase.
Yeah, that would make it more generally tempting. I was actually looking forward to the video credit.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2014, 04:48 PM   #18
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I'd pay them $1 extra to actually get my packages in 2 days!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:44 PM   #19
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
So how long does it take for your credit to show up and where can you see your balance? I checked here http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...=1000811661#gc but nothing's shown up yet.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:26 PM   #20
Piepan
Connoisseur
Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piepan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere in the middle of MN
Device: Kindle Fire HD6, Kindle Fire HD (Gen1), KT (original), KK, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
So how long does it take for your credit to show up and where can you see your balance? I checked here http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...=1000811661#gc but nothing's shown up yet.
Good question.

Amazon says the credit will be applied when the order ships.

I just had a No Rush order, that supposedly got me a $1 ebook credit, and it has shipped as of today, but no credit yet for me.

I'll give it 24 hours or so, but a contact with Amazon Customer Service may be in order.
Piepan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2014, 11:07 PM   #21
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piepan View Post
Good question.

Amazon says the credit will be applied when the order ships.

I just had a No Rush order, that supposedly got me a $1 ebook credit, and it has shipped as of today, but no credit yet for me.

I'll give it 24 hours or so, but a contact with Amazon Customer Service may be in order.
And since it's no rush, it could be a few days until it ships.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 02:14 AM   #22
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
I would totally go for the credit, espcially on many no-rush items that I buy, except they make it expire in a relatively short period. I don't get that at all. Why not let me keep it until I'm ready? Having to spend it within 3 months is a deal-breaker to me.

I rarely buy books on amazon, but I do buy my son streaming TV shows like Chima and Ninjago. I have no control when the episodes are released and there are often >3 month gaps between seasons, so I could lose the credit.
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 04:35 AM   #23
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
I don't understand the logic. Prime costs $99 (is that correct?). You pay $99 to get expedited shipping but are willing to forego expedited shipping for a $1 credit that has an expiration date and can't be used on anything that Amazon sells. If you are willing to accept slow shipping for $1, why not save the Prime fee to begin with and just go with slow shipping?
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:25 AM   #24
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
I don't understand the logic. Prime costs $99 (is that correct?). You pay $99 to get expedited shipping but are willing to forego expedited shipping for a $1 credit that has an expiration date and can't be used on anything that Amazon sells. If you are willing to accept slow shipping for $1, why not save the Prime fee to begin with and just go with slow shipping?
If you buy more than 99 items a year, and want the ebooks (in addition to free shipping, videos, kindle lending library, ...), wouldn't buying prime be logical?

John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:04 AM   #25
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I never use slow shipping only 2 days and I still have to wait 4 days. I can't imagine how long slow shipping really would be for me.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:55 AM   #26
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
This is a good question. Most of the credits have their own category in Amazon's system; I've never seen one for ebooks. It's possible you won't be able to see it at all. If this works like the other promotional items it is awarded when the item ships (and theoretically cannot be cancelled). Keep an eye on your email; you should get a note about the promotional credit at the same time you get the shipping notice.
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:58 AM   #27
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
A lot of people get Prime not for the 2-day part of "free 2-day shipping" but for the free part. It gives you the freedom to order what you want when you want without having to bundle $35 worth of items. For them the 2-day part is just an extra perk. I fall into this category.
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:22 AM   #28
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
A lot of people get Prime not for the 2-day part of "free 2-day shipping" but for the free part. It gives you the freedom to order what you want when you want without having to bundle $35 worth of items. For them the 2-day part is just an extra perk. I fall into this category.
Agreed, there is a big benefit to being able to place an order any time you want without worrying about the order total. Besides, you get to CHOOSE which items you want slow shipping on. You still get two-day shipping when you need it.
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:53 AM   #29
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I was ALWAYS going to choose the free shipping--whether I was a Prime member or not. Now I'm paying for the option to choose when/if I want to get it a little quicker (for no additional per-order charge). All for the price of a video streaming service that I use regularly. The ability to selectively earn purchasing credits, occasionally borrow an ebook, or listen to some music for free is just icing on the cake.

To assume that all people become (or stay) Prime members for the free shipping alone is silly. In the past, at $79, maybe. But that was the past. Prime (and its members) have changed since then.

Quote:
I don't understand the logic.
You'll never understand the logic if most of the perks that Prime offers hold no interest for you (or if you insist on it still being all about the shipping). That doesn't mean it's not logical--it only means you have different preferences/priorities than most Prime members.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 02:14 PM   #30
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I never use slow shipping only 2 days and I still have to wait 4 days. I can't imagine how long slow shipping really would be for me.
This is one of the reasons that I don't purchase physical items from Amazon with the frequency that I once did.

No matter what shipping option I choose (except for one day) that shipping time only applies to WHEN the package ships... which wasn't a problem in the past, but these days it seems like Amazon takes their sweet time actually getting the package out their door.

It is not unusual for Amazon to take 1-4 days to actually ship the stupid package. And you know what part REALLY makes me angry?! The order always says "Shipping Soon"... for days it will say "Shipping Soon".

Ugh. I hate that.
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote